User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

In that article one of the women they mention as making a good choice looks like she said she used IVF and felt lucky that her eggs were still viable.

Marcia Cross, the actress, is one of the few celebrities to acknowledge, last year in a USA Today article, that older women may use donor eggs, “which doesn’t make the baby any less beautiful or perfect. One’s own eggs only last so long, and sometimes at 43 or 44 you can have your own baby, but statistically it’s very difficult and expensive. You don’t want to wait that long.” In a People cover story published after her twin girls were born, Cross was described as having “beat the odds” of conceiving via I.V.F. at age 44 using her own eggs.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/ma...ewanted=6&_r=1

I didn't keep looking at the other women in the article. At least one other went to a fertility clinic.

The American Academy of Reproductive Medicine would agree — by their estimate, at age 41, 29% of women are infertile.
    Celeb Fertility | Famecrawler

I am in a generation that was told to wait to have kids till after college and after you have a job and after you.... And I know too many women who waited and ended up regretting their decision.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Like most things, a balance is likely wise.

However, if you are over 45, the chances of conceiving with your own eggs is very unlikely.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    In that article one of the women they mention as making a good choice looks like she said she used IVF and felt lucky that her eggs were still viable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/ma...ewanted=6&_r=1

I didn't keep looking at the other women in the article. At least one other went to a fertility clinic.

Celeb Fertility | Famecrawler

I am in a generation that was told to wait to have kids till after college and after you have a job and after you.... And I know too many women who waited and ended up regretting their decision.
    I think it's a good idea to have kids before 40. People can always adopt, too, if they want children that badly at a later age.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

There is also the option of cryogenically freezing eggs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by lets eat pie View Post
    There is also the option of cryogenically freezing eggs.
    I was thinking this too. Store them from the younger years for when you're ready, but I think there's still a shelf life that needs to be taken into account.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I watched the movie Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and it sort of terrified me a little bit. Is this biological clock thing fer rills? Does it turn women into these crazed, will-do-anything-for-baby people? Have there been any studies done studies to confirm or disprove that it is in fact a biological clock and not some sort of socio-cultural clock?
    Uhh- yes and no. I've heard of women who become depressed if they hit the magic number 40 without having a kid. Although, it doesn’t seem to hit them as hard if they are married or recently divorced. I think it’s more of a matter of being lonely then a sudden drastic increased desire for children.

A lot of woman who have never had kids view the child/parent bond to be the same as a best-friend/best friend-bond.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post

A lot of woman who have never had kids view the child/parent bond to be the same as a best-friend/best friend-bond.
    I wonder why, because that's inaccurate. Loving a child is more like platonically being in love. It's like falling in love with someone, without any adult physical element. As an aunt, I would kill anyone who messed with my favorite nephew. The feelings I have toward him are the closest thing I've ever experienced to parent-child love, and I assume that if I had actually given birth to him the feeling would be even more intense. My range of comparison includes the fact that I have been pregnant before (late term miscarriage) and have experienced the intense, inexplicable emotional sense of loss of losing a pregnancy at sixteen weeks and observing other women, including my two sisters who have children.

MBTI
    sfsf
    Enneagram
    dfds
    Socionics
    esdf

Well this would the best way to save source of energy. Its really good and natural. Also I would say the best natural and very i like is Sand clock. I hope this biological clock give fruitful results.