User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: RF and Autism?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    No. And suggesting that I wish for a gag order is a hyperbole.
    Yes, it was. Just like your use of the word "witch hunt" How'd that shoe feel?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

oh, yes... If one's going to get them some! Get you some! INTP!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    A lot of high-functioning autistics/Aspies don't like being thought of as diseased, FWIW.
    That's perfectly valid in that it isn't a disease. I'm even open to the distinct possibility we're seening evolution in action, and they're the next genetic leap.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, it was. Just like your use of the word "witch hunt" How'd that shoe feel?
    sorry, I don't make snot stew anymore. doesn't taste very good.

Amazon.com: Snot Stew (9780756987961): Bill Wallace, Lisa McCue: Books

Slight variation on the topic but one that highlights "scientific research" validity (speaking as a scientist myself:

in the US women now days get upwards of 4-10 ultrasounds during pregnancy. My european coworkers were horrified.

It turns out that some studies have shown that if you expose nuerons-I think in fetal mice-to ultrasonic waves, you can disrupt the growth patterns. This seems subtle and there has been abundant evidence that ultrasounds dont cuase massive damage of any sort.

But what about subtle effects? If you dont know what you are looking for, how can you measure it properly.

Not saying ultrasounds are evil-just pointing out there may be things not really fully understood and it may be interesting to see in 20 years what we think of some of these same topics.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Orobas, that's interesting to become aware of. I think the operative word to describe the US system is excess. Excess cost, excess pills, excess test.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    RF = radio frequency. I was thinking about the possible causes for the staggering increase of prevelance in the population. Over the past twenty years...what's different?

Cell phones, and wireless routers came to mind. I googled and sure enough someone else a lot smarter than me thought to research the possibility.

Exposure to Radiofrequency and Autism

I had the thought knowing of studies that show lower sperm counts in males who carry cells in their pockets. I also know three people who have brain tumors in the vacinity of their talking ear.

The possibility seems "plausible" in that somethings causing it? But is it probable?
    I'm interested in an entirely different theory. Autism has risen by approx 600% in the last 20 years. You can account for prehaps a 100-200% increase due to diagnosis becomming easier to access, the range of ASD that is now being diagnosed and the fact that many people are more willing to get diagnosis for themselves or children.
    So we are left with a huge unaccountable dramatic increase. I lean towards the theory of evolution of mind. That the autistic brain is one of a higher concience, a more highly evolved brain design. Yes many people may scorn me or argue that it's a disibility but i do believe the theory.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That's perfectly valid in that it isn't a disease. I'm even open to the distinct possibility we're seening evolution in action, and they're the next genetic leap.
    Oh i didn't see this post!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hmmm. I guess I can see some kind of environmental triggering effect. I was listening to a podcast about genetics and medicine and they said that near-sightedness was virtually unknown before early literacy became widespread. The combination of genetic predisposition and early reading seem to be what trigger it. There could be something like that in play with autism.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    entp

autism caused by interference of EMR and the fetus and cancer caused by EMR. I can see both of these as being directly related to the increase in cellphone use

Controlled exposure to magnetic fields has already been proven to stimulate parts of the brain