User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. #21
    Senior Member Loxias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I know that I2b1 is mainly associated with Germanic people and Lower Saxony, but you can find it in other places too.
    However, it indeed doesn't contradict your genealogical work, then it's good.

    What made you think you were French, originally?
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

  2. #22
    Senior Member alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    504

    Default

    My mother who was told that we were and passed it down lol.

    And if anyone is thinking of getting the testing done, I would advise against genebase. They screwed with my markers once and it was a mess. For someone that didn't know what to look for or that something was off it might have never been resolved.

    On top, its not compatible really with Ysearch and Mitosearch - you have to play with your markers to make it work. I used FTdna for my fathers DNA and they were GREAT!

    89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

  3. #23
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I2B1 is a Germanic haplotype, represented most in Lower Saxony.
    Actually, I2b1 is fairly common in many French provinces, especially in the Val de Loire area...

    So according to your Y and mt DNA haplogroups, well... you're like a typical person born in Western Europe. It could be either Germany, northern France, Benelux, southern Britain or Tuscany: a very wide choice.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #24
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Anyway. Because of my odd family genetic background, I had my genes screened to detect possible anomalies.
    The good news is that curiously, I seem to have escaped to most known genetic disorders, despite the curious layout of my internal organs. For instance, my liver, heart and spleen aren't exactly where they are supposed to be, according to human statistics. Just 5 or 10 centimeters away, sometimes more... But for a surgeon, this is a nightmare. Mines always said they had never experienced something like that in their entire career, even if it reminds them of an obscure technical souvenir during their Medicine school days. My caecum was not placed near the lower half of the abdomen, but directly behind my liver: this mutation occurs extremely rarely, and almost exclusively in a few remote Eastern Siberian tribes.

    But do not worry for me, these organs are 100% functional.

    ---

    So:

    My father Y haplogroup is R1b2a1a2 (P312, according to the current nomenclature). That's normal, it's one of the most common Y haplogroups in Western France (if not the most), and especially in Celtic/Atlantic populations.

    But what's curious is my mtDNA haplotype... It is supposed to be... Y!
    This is another big clue that leads to a direct Eastern Siberian maternal ancestor. But how those genes managed to cross all Eurasia to end in an Ashkenazic family... well... This is surely an amazing journey. We're probably the only family in France with such a mtDNA.

    As a matter of fact, lots of my genetic markers are close to the Ainu tribe of northern Japan. But they are mixed with typical, Western European/Ashkenazic markers, so it's a really odd combination. But I also probably inherited some odd genes from my father's, because my paternal aunt has the same issue with her heart layout.

    My blood type is A2B.

    My elder brother, on the other hand, seems to be more "typical". Unfortunately for him, he has haemochromatosis, while I haven't. And his blood type is O: he's a universal donor (well, he has to regularly give it now!), while I'm an universal receiver.... Curious isn't it?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  5. #25
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Anyway. Because of my odd family genetic background, I had my genes screened to detect possible anomalies.
    The good news is that curiously, I seem to have escaped to most known genetic disorders, despite the curious layout of my internal organs. For instance, my liver, heart and spleen aren't exactly where they are supposed to be, according to human statistics. Just 5 or 10 centimeters away, sometimes more... But for a surgeon, this is a nightmare. Mines always said they had never experienced something like that in their entire career, even if it reminds them of an obscure technical souvenir during their Medicine school days. My caecum was not placed near the lower half of the abdomen, but directly behind my liver: this mutation occurs extremely rarely, and almost exclusively in a few remote Eastern Siberian tribes.
    Wow, i was never interested in the screening side befor, but if the screening can also relate to genetic background then that puts a whole new spin on it

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    But do not worry for me, these organs are 100% functional.


    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    So:

    My father Y haplogroup is R1b2a1a2 (P312, according to the current nomenclature). That's normal, it's one of the most common Y haplogroups in Western France (if not the most), and especially in Celtic/Atlantic populations.

    But what's curious is my mtDNA haplotype... It is supposed to be... Y!
    This is another big clue that leads to a direct Eastern Siberian maternal ancestor. But how those genes managed to cross all Eurasia to end in an Ashkenazic family... well... This is surely an amazing journey. We're probably the only family in France with such a mtDNA.
    Thats so interesting, my imagination is racing with possibilities.... A tribe that travelled the distance but only two made it to their destination (France) and hid in a cave and started their own family only to mix with the general population a hundred years ago....In my mind it's a much more elaborate story, thats the short version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    As a matter of fact, lots of my genetic markers are close to the Ainu tribe of northern Japan. But they are mixed with typical, Western European/Ashkenazic markers, so it's a really odd combination. But I also probably inherited some odd genes from my father's, because my paternal aunt has the same issue with her heart layout.

    My blood type is A2B.

    My elder brother, on the other hand, seems to be more "typical". Unfortunately for him, he has haemochromatosis, while I haven't. And his blood type is O: he's a universal donor (well, he has to regularly give it now!), while I'm an universal receiver.... Curious isn't it?
    Haha, curiouser and curiouser! I am blood type A- but i don't quite know how that relates to genographia, do you?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  6. #26
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Thats so interesting, my imagination is racing with possibilities.... A tribe that travelled the distance but only two made it to their destination (France) and hid in a cave and started their own family only to mix with the general population a hundred years ago....In my mind it's a much more elaborate story, thats the short version.
    Actually, we have no clue since the archives of my family were destroyed either by the Nazi and the Soviet governments.

    But one elaborate hypothesis relates to a possible meeting which could have occured in Birobidzhan, between a Jewish exile and a native Nivkh woman (they lived in almost the same area, near Khabarovsk).

    Birobidzhan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Nivkhs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Who knows what really happened, then?
    Birobidzhan was a kind of early Stalinian gulag (1928). People were deported there by force, and not a lot survived to the rigors of Siberian winters.

    It could be interesting, yet the time index doesn't fit very well. Too recent.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #27
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    So if I were to do this, could I find out anything about my mother's dad?

  8. #28
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    So if I were to do this, could I find out anything about my mother's dad?
    If you want to find her mtDNA lineage, then your only option is to test your father, not yours.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

Similar Threads

  1. ActualMe test
    By wyrdsister in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  2. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  3. The Your Type Of Girl Test
    By FranG in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  4. The Materialist Test
    By FranG in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO