User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    We should go to it together.

Or not. Whateveh.
    I'm game! I was going to go alone but I'd rather have company than not.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Every time I see this thread title, I think it says "Bodies the Exhumation".

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    They had this at the Minnesota Science Museum a little while back. Toonia and I saw it. They had a human brain under a glass dome. There appeared to be some kind mold or mildew on one side of the brain stem, which made Toonia really sick. But I explained to her, That's what the Science Museum is for; molding young minds. It didn't seem to help.
    Wow that was GREAT...molding young minds...ha!! I went to the one at South Street Seaport in NYC and it was fantastic. I was even able to eat afterward and I didn't think I would. I spend what felt like hours looking at the part where all you saw were the circulatory system...also the cross sections of the brains of people who'd had strokes...whoa! how amazing we are...
    "in a fear inspiring way we are wonderfully made"
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

About the controversy:

While the exhibit's representatives claim that all of the bodies were obtained through the Dalian Medical University Plastination Laboratories in China, human rights campaigners point out that Dalian University "[has] had been previously implicated in the use of executed prisoners for commercial purposes".[1] If the bodies are those Chinese prisoners whose bodies were used without their consent, it may be a violation of human rights and of Chinese law.
    The "original" show, Body Worlds, is a bit clearer ethically, but there are still some questions. Here's an article about the ethical issues surrounding these exhibits. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5634903

MBTI
    type

The ethics on any human body exhibit are always suspect to me.

Dr Hagens' father was an SS officer, which adds another dimension.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

so, what do you say, ladies? ready for some good, old-fashioned, ethically questionable fun?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sounds like a party!

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    so, what do you say, ladies? ready for some good, old-fashioned, ethically questionable fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Sounds like a party!
    Sure!

We might want to consider getting tickets soon, cos it sounds like it sells out fast.

And are we looking at the Nazi-derived show in Charlotte or the Chinese Political Prisoners-show in Durham?
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Ivy and I were thinking that the Nazi one might be better (though I heard from someone else--haven't verified it yet--that they're all part of the same exhibit, which has been broken up into a bunch of smaller ones).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Ivy and I were thinking that the Nazi one might be better (though I heard from someone else--haven't verified it yet--that they're all part of the same exhibit, which has been broken up into a bunch of smaller ones).
    The Body Works guy has a disclaimer on his website about how he would never get bodies from Chinese prisons. I think there's a rivalry between him and the Bodies: The Exhibition guy. How bizarre, how bizarre.