User Tag List

Thread: Google Buzz

Lightbulb Google Buzz

Typology Central is also a social networking site, a bit anyway. And Google Buzz is the latest networking site. And it is connected to gmail.

What do you think of it?

google needs to give everyone two accounts, that can be viewed in a single window. mixing private and professional (anonymous chat and shopping with your real name) is a bad idea. you can configure chat and buzz so it doesn't allow strangers to view your stuff, but i think it's only a matter of time until you make a hasty configuration error .. not everyone can fill his brain up with all the details about how all the google sub-accounts (shared items from reader, picasa) are linked and where and how and who gets to see what ....

watching their introduction right now

yeah, it does not allow me to post anything, until i enter my full name into my profile and activate the profile option "Display my full name so I can be found in search". so, no buzz for me.

see here

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    yeah, it does not allow me to post anything, until i enter my full name into my profile and activate the profile option "Display my full name so I can be found in search". so, no buzz for me.

see here
    Thank you Nanook, I always feel nervous learning something new on the internet, but you seem to be quite at home so I appreciate your help.

I want to communicate more with video and I think buzz might help me to do that.

Thanks for your help.

It seems less fluffy than Facebook, which is nice, but the problem is that I don't have contacts for my Gmail account. I rarely ever need to send someone an old fashioned email. All of my contacts are on Facebook, so how do I convince 130 people to use Buzz instead? I don't.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Right now, Twitter basically has a monopoly on micro-blogging. Google Buzz sounds interesting, and at this point, I'd support any micro-blogging platform that isn't called Twitter. Google's advantage is they have Gmail and their search engine, two things most Twitter users are using. So if they do this right, they can steal a good amount of market share.

I'm kinda thinking about ways to monetize Google Buzz too.

MBTI
    ISTx

This is one of those things that's gonna be pretty hit or miss. I have a gmail account but I really don't intend to use Buzz. I think it's gonna be tough for it to catch because it doesn't have all the other social facets that facebook has (wall, PM, photos etc).

Twitter is retarded IMO (never used it btw).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

WARNING: Google Buzz Has A Huge Privacy Flaw

This was relevant a week ago when I saw it

Seems they've fixed it for the most part.
    5 3 9