User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Light Locked

Lightbulb Light Locked Forever

The problem is that the universe is very, very large and the speed of light is very, very slow.

And as we can't go faster than the speed of light, so from the human perspective, the universe is set in concrete.

So here we are concreted into this tiniest, of tiny corners and we will never go zooming around even our own galaxy, never mind the universe.

And because the speed of light is so slow we can't even see beyond 13.7 billion light years. We are faced, thanks to the nature of light, with an event horizon at only 13.7 billion light years. Why, even the memory of my computer is measured at 2,000 billion bits. And my brain is much larger.

And to top it all off, the universe is accelerating away from us, and all except the Milky way will pass from our sight, so we are indeed light locked, forever.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem is that the universe is very, very large and the speed of light is very, very slow.

And as we can't go faster than the speed of light, so from the human perspective, the universe is set in concrete.

So here we are concreted into this tiniest, of tiny corners and we will never go zooming around even our own galaxy, never mind the universe.

And because the speed of light is so slow we can't even see beyond 13.7 billion light years. We are faced, thanks to the nature of light, with an event horizon at only 13.7 billion light years. Why, even the memory of my computer is measured at 2,000 billion bits. And my brain is much larger.

And to top it all off, the universe is accelerating away from us, and all except the Milky way will pass from our sight, so we are indeed light locked, forever.
    We have two space probes that have been out there for years, and have made it out of our galaxy. They aren't manned, but still, it shows that it is possible to get out there given the right amount of time (we do have a fair bit of it) and speed (which we can get from slingshoting, seeing as our speed doesn't slow down). It's only a matter of time before we reach another galaxy with our unmanned missions. It will be rather like our adventures to the moon, at one point it's unmanned, then we progress. There's nothing there to stop our progression yet.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Scientists and researchers alike are racing to find a planet that can harbor life, looking in various Galaxies, even our own. Sure, some would say that there could very likely be life outside of our Solar system, maybe even within or Solar system. But,... Because our species is very much dependent on the star we orbit, I don't think our species can function normally if we were to travel outside of our orbital range, or what Scientists call the "habitable zone". Our star has so much significance as to why we were designed the way we are, our DNA code has likely come from Sol itself. If our species were to to travel outside of our orbital range, we could very well change our DNA code sequence.

Our DNA code is frequency activated. The farther the distance from Sol the lower the frequency(light). Now, we could stand a chance on Mars, although its atmosphere is toxic to us, we could still live there, underground. Our DNA code would change, but whether it would be for the better of our species or not is unknown. We could eradicate some diseases, and maybe some viruses. However, we could also introduce our DNA to completely different, and more lethal diseases and viruses as well... Just to visit Mars physically, would have profound effects on human DNA.

All in all, we as a species are destined to live on Earth, forever. By saying that, one would conclude that we are not in heaven, nor hell.

Living in another system in OUR Galaxy is impossible, even if we had the technology to get there. Different stars emit different levels of frequency, based on their mass, age, composition, and its overall position within the multiverse as well. Well now, who is God?

I'll cut to the chase, we were created by Sol, in its image. Leaving Sol, is abandoning your creator. Without it, you're on your own!

To praise Sol would be the most logical choice!

Unless we can duplicate Sols frequency, and by succeeding that I might add, we could live anywhere!

This is exactly why I worship the sun, and only the sun. I can actually see it, and prove the miracles it performs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    We have two space probes that have been out there for years, and have made it out of our galaxy. They aren't manned, but still, it shows that it is possible to get out there given the right amount of time (we do have a fair bit of it) and speed (which we can get from slingshoting, seeing as our speed doesn't slow down). It's only a matter of time before we reach another galaxy with our unmanned missions. It will be rather like our adventures to the moon, at one point it's unmanned, then we progress. There's nothing there to stop our progression yet.
    Don't you mean solar system?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    This is exactly why I worship the sun, and only the sun. I can actually see it, and prove the miracles it performs.
    Precisely!

I've always been curious as to why some people worshiped a dead man, let alone some mystical being that knows all...Pshh.

The true reality of it all is shining upon your face, and that's as good as it gets!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Yes, these probes haven't even left our solar system and our solar system is only the tiniest, tiny part of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

The physical problem is that no matter how fast our probes go they can never go faster than the speed of light.

And in terms of the size of the universe, light is very, very, very slow.

Of course light seems to us to go very fast but that is because in relation to the universe we are infinitesimally small.

So we are bounded by light. For instance we reach the event horizon of our part of the universe at 13.7 billion light years and we can never see beyond our event horizon.

And worse the whole universe is rushing away from us, not only at enormous speed, but that speed is accelerating. And in billions of years all of the universe, except our Milky Way, will pass beyond our event horizon.

So light enables us to see our part of the universe at present, but eventually light will hide almost all of the universe from us.

What an interesting paradox for our universe is not only strange but stranger then we can imagine.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds, although I wouldn't word this the way you have in the OP...

There might be something endogenous about us that is epigenetically activated/expressed due to sunlight. But again, what mechanism would that be? we ingest our food, not get it from the sun, so what about the sun's particular illuminant alters our genetic expression? How?

We could easily replicate the Sun's illuminant, I'm sure..... well maybe not EASILY, but we have plenty of devices that could come together to produce the sun's particular juicy cocktail of electromagnetic radiation. QUESTION: would we want to throw X-rays and UV light in there, too, just for completeness sake? :P

I think a good research experiment about the sun epigenetically alterting phenotype could be done on underground/water animals, maybe even worms n such etc, see what happens to them as they bask in the sun's light and do the converse with typical surface dwelling animals like Birds. See what happens to each. The problem is that it's not their natural evironment, so environmental SHOCK Factor would confound the genetic alterations I would think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    haha, yeah, of course
    5 3 9