• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Internet service in a motorhome?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is it just a matter of getting a USB modem for your laptop?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Like an RV that will be traveling around? Some cell companies sell wireless cards and service that will get you on the internet anywhere. Or you could just judiciously park it next to hotspots. :)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Like an RV that will be traveling around? Some cell companies sell wireless cards and service that will get you on the internet anywhere. Or you could just judiciously park it next to hotspots. :)

Yeah, I'll be traveling for an extended period of time and it would make life much easier if I had internet service 90% of the time so that I have it when I want it (and not have to search for hotspots - I can see that becoming a huge hassle real fast). I realize that there will be some areas where I won't get service, but I've heard that if you (a) have the right set-up and (b) are close to an interstate highway, that you will have a connection almost 100% of the time.

Question is, what is "the right set up"? Just having one of the wireless cards that you are talking about? Is that it? Are they expensive? Monthly payments or purchase outright??

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, you were probably talking about cards to connect via my cell phone, right? I thought you meant they sell cards for a laptop. Or maybe that is what you meant. I'm pretty clueless with this stuff, as I've never owned a laptop. Only a desktop with DSL.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The only thing I've used has been a card that goes right into your laptop that uses the cellular network for internet access. I think it was from Sprint. Not sure how much it cost because it was provided to my husband through his employer so he could be on call while we were on vacation.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Talk to this guy.

He seems to have an awful lot to say, so I'll have to check back with him this weekend when I have more time. I'm sure I'll find something in there that is useful to my OP though, so thanks for the link. :newwink: