User Tag List

First 12

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    couldn't N's get interested in posting their ideas and thought processes on twitter? like a sort of running log of their mind.
    i don't know, i have never read twitter stuff though.
    I typically post bizarre observations, horrendous puns, a lyric or quote I like, jokes, or whatever. I'll rarely just post something that I'm doing and not offer an interesting [in my mind] tidbit. So in a sense, I kind of use it like a dumping ground for the random thoughts I have on a daily basis.

MBTI
    I

Many people don't even use Twitter for things like "I took a bath today" or "I just ate lunch" or something like that. It's used for advertising, posting pictures, videos, and there are more interesting aspects to Twitter.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Trains of thought that last no longer than 140 characters? It was a match made in Heaven.

Only the best minds can fit meaningful information in a couple lines, N or S. That's how we get famous "quotes". But... those people aren't on Twitter.

Most of my friends tweet garbage. I agree with NewEra though. Twitter is a really powerful tool, especially in things like Journalism.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    Agree or disagree? I think N's, especially strong ones, would not be interested in the mundane details of daily life that get tweeted on Twitter. For example: they wouldn't care too much about what you ate for breakfast, the fact that you're going to the doctor's office right now, or the contents of your purse.
    kind of agree, but much bigger than the OP.. I think N's and S type use digital media differenetly.

Take this forum, there is a massvie skew to N types, and I get the impression subject specific chat rooms are N dominant.... possibly quirky subjects - but I do think there is an N dominance...

S types use media differently.... twitter is possibly S domiant....

It would be interesting to see how it would test. I have a feeling early adpoters of online shoping, banking etc would all show differences...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    what you ate for breakfast, the fact that you're going to the doctor's office right now, or the contents of your purse.
    Sounds like the average conversation on INTPc.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTP

twitter is yet another example of a service that's hated because of the people who use it. if anything, Ns are more likely to originate the concept of using twitter beyond status updates.

i use it. i can blog by txt.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I dont use twitter for two reasons: 1: I don't know anyone else who uses it, and 2: I would only use it if I had a cellphone that could quickly connect to it. I never use it if I have to go to a computer to check it. To me, twitter is a way to get real-time information anywhere, not another email. It's like a mini-blog for RIGHT NOW which is more useful for me, since my memory falls apart fairly quickly. The blogs I start tend to fall apart because I forget to post something in them. Twitter doesn't take much investment.

I think it isn't S versus N, but E versus I that uses twitter. Extraverts are out running around living life and want more information about it.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think it isn't S versus N, but E versus I that uses twitter. Extraverts are out running around living life and want more information about it.
    Yep, I thought the same thing. Many people who type themselve as ENXX have "twitteresque" conversations, it's just like, filling a space when nothing else is going on, or something.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Twitter is a good reflection of the attention disorder suffering culture of superificiality that we live in.
    Don't take me wrong, I think being able to carry the complex concisely is a very important thing.
    But 140 characters is just too short a limit to convey ideas properly. People will end up only sharing the most trite and trivial through it. Stuff hardly anyone (S or N) would ever care about knowing if the need hadn't been created by the website.

This website panders to the lowest common denominator among people, pulling them down instead of pushing them above superficiality.
    Saying Ss would get their kick out of it more than Ns is insulting to them.

Also the idea of having a more or less important status on something as superficial as twitter sounds pointless to me.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined