• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Getting Ideas Recoginized

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you do it!? How does someone get their amazing ideas/suggestions into a person who would listen? I have so many interesting and rather great ideas, but I don't know who to go to who can develop them a little further. I would even have suggestions to Apple and other companies, but I don't know what kind of job that would be, to do that stuff.

In short, I just don't know how to not let good ideas go to waste.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep them to yourself, make them happen, then get the recognition for it.

But I don't even know if they are possible. I can' build my ideas, I don't really know enough about any of them (I mean, I have a lot in every subject) and they aren't intricate. They are just ideas of ways to improve things or whatever.

I wish I could do it all independently, but I can't.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
But I don't even know if they are possible. I can' build my ideas, I don't really know enough about any of them (I mean, I have a lot in every subject) and they aren't intricate. They are just ideas of ways to improve things or whatever.

I wish I could do it all independently, but I can't.

Pick one or two ideas at a time and partner up with someone (or hire someone) who has the capabilities to make it happen on the technical side.

There is no way you can dump a million ideas in a million different areas to one person anyway, so break them down into smaller chunks and attack.

Once you have a working prototype, see an attorney about a patent or copyright. Then contact the leaders of the industry you are trying to break through to. You can do that by finding out what professional organization is at the forefront of the field (say, AES for audio, for instance) and then contact the people on the board, right down the list, one after the other. Then attend conventions and pay to set up your own booth. Also, take out ads in industry magazines.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pick one or two ideas at a time and partner up with someone (or hire someone) who has the capabilities to make it happen on the technical side.

Well, for one idea I like, I don't think someone could just build it. Or maybe they could.

There is no way you can dump a million ideas on a million different areas to one person anyway, so break them down into smaller chunks and attack.

I know. That is why I have started thinking about which ideas would sell. Unfortunately, I want to get them out before someone else does (like Apple) because I think I have some good ones.

Once you have a working prototype, see an attorney about a patent ot copyright. Then contact the leaders of the industry you are trying to break through to. You can do that by finding out what professional organization is at the forefront of the field (say, AES for audio, for instance) and then contact the people on the board, right down the list, one after the other. Then attend conventions and pay to set up your own booth. Also, take out ads in industry magazines.

Can I DO that at 16? How do I find someone who will A. actually listen and B. get it out before someone else does? I don't know that anyone is at the forefront of this field...or maybe they are?

There is still the problem of knowing who to talk to. I don't know anyone who can do the technology I have the ideas for. It isn't a really crazy idea (not this one), but it is something that I don't know a lot of people are doing for said thing.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, for one idea I like, I don't think someone could just build it. Or maybe they could.

I know. That is why I have started thinking about which ideas would sell. Unfortunately, I want to get them out before someone else does (like Apple) because I think I have some good ones.

Can I DO that at 16? How do I find someone who will A. actually listen and B. get it out before someone else does? I don't know that anyone is at the forefront of this field...or maybe they are?

There is still the problem of knowing who to talk to. I don't know anyone who can do the technology I have the ideas for. It isn't a really crazy idea (not this one), but it is something that I don't know a lot of people are doing for said thing.

You can totally do that at 16 -- I did.

Put an ad in craigslist or on a university bulletin to advertise for a partner. Trust me, there are a lot of people with technical proficiency, with a deficiency of ideas.

I have no idea which specific field(s) of interest you are referencing, so I'm afraid that I can't help you further. Just be aware when you are contacting anyone about your ideas to protect your investment. Something as simple as detailing your plans and mailing it to yourself certified mail (leaving it unopened when it arrives) before you seek outside assistance can provide you with a lot of leverage in a court of law.

If your product is software based, really good and you have more where it came from - you can pay some engineer to code it for you and offer it as freeware or shareware. Once you gain momentum/popularity, you can sell your other ideas. There are many people who know how to code around apple os.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It isn't software. It is specifically hardware.

And thanks a lot :) I am really concerned about protecting my ideas, in case they really are actually valuable, so I will make sure I know what I am doing will ensure the safety of them.

I am also still looking for ways to apply magnetism in useful ways as well, although not as big as transportation like I had thought of before, but maybe something a little more common.

What did you do at 16?

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
This is a tough one. I usually have enough problems just getting people at work to accept my ideas ... much less corporate Amerika and the general public. I would also go along with the concept of "prototype and present" ... to the extent that is possible for you. It has worked fairly well for me in the past. Most people need to see something in front of them ... a proof of concept ... before the light goes on in their head.

I'm not sure about the legal ramifications of being 16 and trying to patent and/or get contracts. Might have to have an adult partner or wait a few years. I know that sucks :(

I admire your inventor's spirit. I used to have more of it before I was beaten down by The Man and maintaining a family. Best of luck with your endeavors.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a tough one. I usually have enough problems just getting people at work to accept my ideas ... much less corporate Amerika and the general public. I would also go along with the concept of "prototype and present" ... to the extent that is possible for you. It has worked fairly well for me in the past. Most people need to see something in front of them ... a proof of concept ... before the light goes on in their head.

I'm not sure about the legal ramifications of being 16 and trying to patent and/or get contracts. Might have to have an adult partner or wait a few years. I know that sucks :(

I admire your inventor's spirit. I used to have more of it before I was beaten down by The Man and maintaining a family. Best of luck with your endeavors.

I fear that in a few years some of my ideas (not all of them) will be really commonplace (because let's face it, they are only a step or so ahead, some of them, of what may come next. For all I know, people are already developing what I have in mind. One of the things).

I don't want them to become obsolete! However, I am going to try really hard, and refuse to be beaten down by any man! I do have another idea that I could probably get a pretty good prototype of, because it isn't as complicated as the other idea.

*sigh*

I guess the only thing is to not give up and be smart.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Like a child actor, any money you make will be in some sort of escrow until you are legal. Not a big deal. But yeah, you can't sign contracts yet, so you need a parent or legal guardian. Or get yourself emancipated (for legal purposes only).

I also think it's great that you are showing initiative at such a young age. It's wonderful and I wish I could do it all again with the knowledge I have now. I repped you privately about what I did at 16, if you want any further info or assistance, PM me - I'll be glad to help you out with more info if I can. Good luck and be persistent!!!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would love to see you in an infomercial. I should have invented the slap chop.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your support and help :)

Okay, I will so do like, a half an hour infomercial and post it under here hahahha :rofl1:

You guys are looking at the next big inventor of our time. I am like Benjamin Franklin! Now all I need is a fake name and my own little pamphlet of information....

Maybe I will invent something easy like that slap chop and do an infomercial for that, and then put my big ideas out and just be in other commercials! Muahaha!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks for your support and help :)

Okay, I will so do like, a half an hour infomercial and post it under here hahahha :rofl1:

You guys are looking at the next big inventor of our time. I am like Benjamin Franklin! Now all I need is a fake name and my own little pamphlet of information....

I think he had syphilis, but that's a small price to pay for eternal fame and vast fortune.

Maybe I will invent something easy like that slap chop and do an infomercial for that, and then put my big ideas out and just be in other commercials! Muahaha!

Dude, I'll be one of those chicks in the "before" clip who just can't get it right.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he had syphilis, but that's a small price to pay for eternal fame and vast fortune.

I think I will leave that to him and I will not have that in common haha

Dude, I'll be one of those chicks in the "before" clip who just can't get it right.

Hahaha, you are my designated fail person with the fail product! You will be all washed out looking and in black and white, with the narrator talking about how much the other product sucks, and I will be in color with my amazing product!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'll be your fail, thanks for the honor *sniffles* :hug:

funny-dog-pictures-bow-tox.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahhaa, at least you have a place in my future commercial/infomercial! You will be like a movie star!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a total attention whore...

I an idea is not getting the attention it deserves I add ribbons and bows and make it bigger and louder and see where that gets me

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will keep that in mind :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
it might be useful to give us an example of an idea/situation so we can help?