User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Oh, one idea deals with electronic design (sorry, can't go much further) and the other with tattoo ink designs. I think I have a pretty good idea on how to work with both, though.

    I am trying to figure out how to make tattoo inks and how to apply them for what I want to do, though.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  2. #22
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Oh, one idea deals with electronic design (sorry, can't go much further) and the other with tattoo ink designs. I think I have a pretty good idea on how to work with both, though.

    I am trying to figure out how to make tattoo inks and how to apple them for what I want to do, though.
    who needs to hear the idea?

  3. #23
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    who needs to hear the idea?
    I dunno, I am just trying to figure out how to get it recognized and sold.

    Oh, and apple should be apply
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  4. #24
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I dunno, I am just trying to figure out how to get it recognized and sold.

    Oh, and apple should be apply
    Ok that may be your issue, to make an idea sellable you need to know who the audince is.

    if it's tatto parlors, then you need to think what the motivations of that group of people are and what "solution" they need to what ever the problem is that you have a solution too.

    A sales guy story.

    This sales guy goes for a job interview and is a bit too cocky for words... so the interviewer looks at him and pours him a glass of water, and says, sell me that....

    The sales guy looks at him, then looks at the water, and then looks at him and then looks at the water, reaches into his pocket and takes out a packet of smokes and lights one. The interviewer freaks out and tells him to put it out, so he puts the lit ciggie in the waste paper bin which goes up in flames. The interviewer panics and reaches for the glass of water. The sales guy grabs his hand and says "that will be $20 please".....

    If an idea is compelling, there will be a need within the market for it, find the right idea to meet the need and then find your audience and make the pitch

  5. #25
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Ok that may be your issue, to make an idea sellable you need to know who the audince is.

    if it's tatto parlors, then you need to think what the motivations of that group of people are and what "solution" they need to what ever the problem is that you have a solution too.

    A sales guy story.

    This sales guy goes for a job interview and is a bit too cocky for words... so the interviewer looks at him and pours him a glass of water, and says, sell me that....

    The sales guy looks at him, then looks at the water, and then looks at him and then looks at the water, reaches into his pocket and takes out a packet of smokes and lights one. The interviewer freaks out and tells him to put it out, so he puts the lit ciggie in the waste paper bin which goes up in flames. The interviewer panics and reaches for the glass of water. The sales guy grabs his hand and says "that will be $20 please".....

    If an idea is compelling, there will be a need within the market for it, find the right idea to meet the need and then find your audience and make the pitch
    Hahaha great story!
    Okay, that is good. I know what the problem is with people-actually, for two of the ideas. I just have to go find people to talk to, but I think I know what I can do.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  6. #26
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    good, be careful of your own intellectual property, make sure you protect yourself.

    For instance at work we have a product, we are strugglign to "sell it in" to the business, but we are not makign a big enough noise about it... solution = tell the story, make it sparkly and sexy and interesting, people will listen if you make it sparkle - weather or not the buy it, depends on their need

  7. #27
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    I think Jenocyde's idea was brilliant, most universities seem to hold competitions and events to promote entreprenural ideas and the such. Just recently at the university I'm at, They held an "eChallenge", which involves groups of six young people (one of which has to be a student) and has a prize of $10,000.

    Adelaidean -- Surf’s up for eChallenge winners

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    good, be careful of your own intellectual property, make sure you protect yourself.

    For instance at work we have a product, we are strugglign to "sell it in" to the business, but we are not makign a big enough noise about it... solution = tell the story, make it sparkly and sexy and interesting, people will listen if you make it sparkle - weather or not the buy it, depends on their need
    I had an old physics teacher that used to say that patenting was a terrible thing to do. I hated the guy, but there's a chance that he did have a point. Intellectual property is indeed a strange idea...

    Oh, and Antimony, have you thought of pairing up with a teacher that you can trust? They have an INCOME!!! which is pretty damned useful, I remember another (completely different) old school teacher that who made some kind of hologram machine. I can't remember exactly what it was, but he did bring a little insight into the industry.
    5 3 9

  8. #28
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    I believe the difficulty for ENTP's is not having great ideas, but in seeing them through to the final execution. If you can stick with your idea until it's successful then you've really accomplished something. The ideas themselves are not really valuable until you can make them happen.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I had an old physics teacher that used to say that patenting was a terrible thing to do. I hated the guy, but there's a chance that he did have a point. Intellectual property is indeed a strange idea...
    Yeh, I'm sort of against the whole IP thing if it has some significant value to the world or science. eg. you hold back a cure to cancer or something for ten years for the sake of getting the best deal. If it is a brilliant design or business idea, I see no conflict though.

    My only tip for Antimony would be: Figure out how it can be most useful and have the most impact (would you buy it/use it? in what situation? etc.), then decide what your market is and how you would pitch it to them. Look at the costs and possible return also to decide if it is viable.

    I also think the teammate idea which the many people have suggested is good. Being Ne doms it is pretty important to have people to bounce ideas off and help us get to the practical part.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  10. #30
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Oh, and Antimony, have you thought of pairing up with a teacher that you can trust? They have an INCOME!!! which is pretty damned useful, I remember another (completely different) old school teacher that who made some kind of hologram machine. I can't remember exactly what it was, but he did bring a little insight into the industry.
    I haven't really much about it, but I may end up doing that. Once I figure out who could ACTUALLY help me with my ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I believe the difficulty for ENTP's is not having great ideas, but in seeing them through to the final execution. If you can stick with your idea until it's successful then you've really accomplished something. The ideas themselves are not really valuable until you can make them happen.
    I am hoping to stick with it before I lose interest. I wish I didn't lose it so quickly. I just need to find someone practical who can help make it happen, which I have no idea who I can go to....still!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Similar Threads

  1. I have an idea for runner's (could get you rich/famous)
    By prplchknz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 06:19 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTPs sharing ideas vs. getting paid
    By Nigel Tufnel in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
  3. No appetite, any ideas how to get it back?
    By Curious1 in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
  4. I don't know it it's a good idea but...
    By sdalek in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO