12 Last

Thread: time theory

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default time theory

i came up with theory like this about time:

new time dimension is born in every smallest movement possible(quantum or smaller what ever is possible). so next time dimension is allways everything the same, but with one single movement differently, this causes an illusion of time being continous because we cant measure small movements like this.

measured radiation(light? eny? something unknown?) combines these different time dimensions into one current time(as in how current time seems to perceiver, that could be human sensing or machine measuring) by moving thru these time dimensions to perceiver. these time dimensions are invisible to perceiver because you cant measure these small time stops and what you can measure is only masses of these time dimensions and that mass of time dimensions is how you perceive time.

when there is big mass of something, there is allso more gravitation and gravitation is effecting these time stops by effecting to light particles, therefore slowing down the perceived time by slowing down the measured radiation. it could be that the actual time is not slowing time, but only the perceived time is, this is why it seems that time slows down when observing something near big objects(for example sun).

havent thought about this eny further. dont bother asking how i came to this theory because there is so much stuff behind it that i really cant write it all

what do you guys think? or is there enyone on the forums actually thinking this kind of stuff who has some basic information on how things like this might work?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I've been reading about black holes, Hawking radiation, quarks (now in six delicious flavours!), and string theory lately.

I often think of myself as a skeptic and pragmatist. While I definately would love to learn more information on these things (whether true or false, the ideas are very fascinating), I can't help but find myself a bit of an agnostic. Even if we can someday be more sure of such things, how relevant will they be?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Time is just a measurement (or rate) of change. If nothing changed, time would not progress (that or we would not be able to detect a progress in time). since you acknowledge that one time increment is what it takes for one smallest possible change, well... you're kind of saying the same thing, no?

Time is just a separational vector, like position/distance, so try not to get really "Mystical" about time in the abstract sense like the NFs tend to do The real question is why/how time should have different rates depending on various factors (time dilation, black holes, etc)....

are you proposing with this minature time dimensions that time is quantized? or is time "branching off" in multiple ways, like we have for distance in 3-Space?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

new time dimension is born in every smallest movement possible(quantum or smaller what ever is possible). so next time dimension is allways everything the same, but with one single movement differently, this causes an illusion of time being continous because we cant measure small movements like this.

measured radiation(light? eny? something unknown?) combines these different time dimensions into one current time(as in how current time seems to perceiver, that could be human sensing or machine measuring) by moving thru these time dimensions to perceiver. these time dimensions are invisible to perceiver because you cant measure these small time stops and what you can measure is only masses of these time dimensions and that mass of time dimensions is how you perceive time.

when there is big mass of something, there is allso more gravitation and gravitation is effecting these time stops by effecting to light particles, therefore slowing down the perceived time by slowing down the measured radiation. it could be that the actual time is not slowing time, but only the perceived time is, this is why it seems that time slows down when observing something near big objects(for example sun).

havent thought about this eny further. dont bother asking how i came to this theory because there is so much stuff behind it that i really cant write it all

what do you guys think? or is there enyone on the forums actually thinking this kind of stuff who has some basic information on how things like this might work?
    Time is random, it's only continuous to the observer.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Time is just a measurement (or rate) of change. If nothing changed, time would not progress (that or we would not be able to detect a progress in time). since you acknowledge that one time increment is what it takes for one smallest possible change, well... you're kind of saying the same thing, no?

Time is just a separational vector, like position/distance, so try not to get really "Mystical" about time in the abstract sense like the NFs tend to do The real question is why/how time should have different rates depending on various factors (time dilation, black holes, etc)....

are you proposing with this minature time dimensions that time is quantized? or is time "branching off" in multiple ways, like we have for distance in 3-Space?
    Very true

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

yes im saying that time doesent move if nothing changes, but im not talking about some big changes, im talking about changes in quantum scale(or smaller if possible).

and im not trying to get mystical about time, im trying to clarify the mystique of time. time changes because of gravitation, maybe because gravitation effects the small movements or then there is other factors. making theories better about that is kinda impossible because there is so basicly no info about it. are you sure your not an istp?

i didnt say that those time dimensions are miniatures, theyr just as big as this time dimension that we are living in, but the changes are small when the time is close to our time and naturally when those time dimensions go further away from our time bigger the changes are and we cant really see there other than looking long distances in space

i made a little pic about this, maybe u get it better looking at it.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Time is random, it's only continuous to the observer.
    basicly what i said..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont know if I understood you correctly but I think you're talking about spacetime dilation.

Near massive objects, like the sun, space is bend into a valley around the object. Like that:

And light will travel thru these valleys and therefore take a longer time to go through than it would take if it would cross a similiar path in "normal" space.

This is a quite intresting topic and it was mathematically theorized by the alcubierre star drive. The theorem itself of course goes back to Einstein and since I am not the regional expert on quantum physics I cant say if there is an explanation in it for the theorem aswell. You may want to ask the forum member Eck about that.

The theory of mass spacetime dilation was proven with a laser beam shot onto Jupiter that reflected and came back to earth. The beam was shot when Jupiter went behind the sun from earths perspective and the nearer the beam went past the sun, the more time it took to reflect back.

If you are intrested in the mathematical construct of the alcubierre metric, building on that concept have a look here (physically I think it's labeled as mambo jumbo so far ):

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

Perception is deception?
    Only an accomodation.

Beyond accomodation the clock stops.
    You can study it, but it is dead.

Illusion is all we have.
    The clock is not even there.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Perception is deception?
    Only an accomodation.

Beyond accomodation the clock stops.
    You can study it, but it is dead.

Illusion is all we have.
    The clock is not even there.
    The measuring stick is fixed; the fixedness is the problem

The best insult I ever heard:

"He's so dense, light bends around him".

An interesting case in point: usually the language is to blame.