User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default D-Link Wireless-N Dir 615 won't turn on

so yesterday I updated the firmware on it from 2.3 to 2.5, and it worked for an hour or two then it just won't power on I've tried unplugging plugging it back in (per manufactures instructions) tried reseting nothing, no lights come on or anything. I think its busted and I'm going to be going to best buy today and buying a new router, but does anyone have experience with this router and what could be possible issues.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did you bang it on the floor yet?

... Honestly, if there are no lights or anything, even the power light... then that's probably a power issue. I'd take it back, and if they replace it and the new one works, wellll.... there you go.

I've never had a failure of power, I can only troubleshoot things that actually turn on first and then don't work. In those cases, it was necessary to set something up differently in Windows, or set an IP address manually, or make sure I was using the right cables, or contact the Internet provider to make sure their end was set up correctly, or reset the router and any internal firewall.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Well I've had it since fall 2008 no problems, so i can't take it back its out of warranty. ANd I reeeallly can't afford a router right now. I can in a week but I don't know if I can convince my room mate to do what she needs to plugged directly into the modem.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Well I've had it since fall 2008 no problems, so i can't take it back its out of warranty. ANd I reeeallly can't afford a router right now. I can in a week but I don't know if I can convince my room mate to do what she needs to plugged directly into the modem.
    Oh, so it DID work before?
    Then yeah, I'm going to go with hunch #1 -- something blew, if the power light is not working.

I had that happen once before too to my router and had to replace it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

yeah, I'm going to ask my mom to lend me 60 and then pay her back when I get money. This sucks my mom thinks I spend too much money but I was careful with my money this month its just some asshole stole a $435 radio from the from desk Oh wait I don't have money for books until friday at least damnit. and now this quit working I have $102 in my account which would be fine under normal circumstances because that's not a problem I probably wouldn't spend that this week. My mom's going to yell at me, but whatever. Maybe this is why I bought all that soup.I found a router for $40 but I don't know how good it is. I might have to go buy that one, ugh why does everything break when I don't have money?? Yeesss I figured it out I still have money for rent if I take 80 from my savings. I might replace that 80 anyways when I have money again.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all