• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

D-Link Wireless-N Dir 615 won't turn on

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so yesterday I updated the firmware on it from 2.3 to 2.5, and it worked for an hour or two then it just won't power on I've tried unplugging plugging it back in (per manufactures instructions) tried reseting nothing, no lights come on or anything. I think its busted and I'm going to be going to best buy today and buying a new router, but does anyone have experience with this router and what could be possible issues.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you bang it on the floor yet?

... Honestly, if there are no lights or anything, even the power light... then that's probably a power issue. I'd take it back, and if they replace it and the new one works, wellll.... there you go.

I've never had a failure of power, I can only troubleshoot things that actually turn on first and then don't work. In those cases, it was necessary to set something up differently in Windows, or set an IP address manually, or make sure I was using the right cables, or contact the Internet provider to make sure their end was set up correctly, or reset the router and any internal firewall.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well I've had it since fall 2008 no problems, so i can't take it back its out of warranty. ANd I reeeallly can't afford a router right now. I can in a week but I don't know if I can convince my room mate to do what she needs to plugged directly into the modem.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I've had it since fall 2008 no problems, so i can't take it back its out of warranty. ANd I reeeallly can't afford a router right now. I can in a week but I don't know if I can convince my room mate to do what she needs to plugged directly into the modem.

Oh, so it DID work before?
Then yeah, I'm going to go with hunch #1 -- something blew, if the power light is not working.

I had that happen once before too to my router and had to replace it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah, I'm going to ask my mom to lend me 60 and then pay her back when I get money. This sucks my mom thinks I spend too much money but I was careful with my money this month its just some asshole stole a $435 radio from the from desk Oh wait I don't have money for books until friday at least damnit. and now this quit working I have $102 in my account which would be fine under normal circumstances because that's not a problem I probably wouldn't spend that this week. My mom's going to yell at me, but whatever. Maybe this is why I bought all that soup.I found a router for $40 but I don't know how good it is. I might have to go buy that one, ugh why does everything break when I don't have money?? Yeesss I figured it out I still have money for rent if I take 80 from my savings. I might replace that 80 anyways when I have money again.