User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I didn't mean that the correlation was proof of anything, more that it just needs explaining, and that it might possibly be an indicator of something else.

But I agree that the reason I'm open-minded despite being intellectually sorta repulsed by the whole thing, is because every single person I know who's had a full chart done has said that it's eerily accurate. And we're not talking here about vague, catch-all phrases that could apply to anyone, but really indepth analyses that are very much individualized, and a level of accuracy that really can't just be dismissed because I find the whole thing silly and superstitious.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ

I never really believed in it, and I don't particularly believe in it now...

But for the heck of it, I got one of those Natal Birth Chart things done - you know, the ones where they go into great depth of all of the planets interacting at the time of your birth. I'll be damned if it didn't outright list very specific INFJ characteristics. I was a little floored.

MBTI
    Pfft

Naming this concept something catchy, like "Scienstrology" would get more people to pay attention to it.

It could also lead to civil suits for everyone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    is because every single person I know who's had a full chart done has said that it's eerily accurate.
    Of course. With a full chart, you get all the characteristics of every possible astrological sign, and positive selective bias will definitely impress on the mind the most accurate. Looking only at the sun sign, though, you'll have 1 chance of out 12 to get a matching description. In fact, accuracy of the sun sign would be a better indicator of the credibility of astrology from a scientific point of view.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yes, but every person who is born in the space of a month is not going to have the same personality.

And even with the positive selection bias, if you went through one of those charts and marked each part as 'true' or 'not true', I am fairly certain there are going to be a whole lot more 'true's.

Of course, that is pure speculation, since I don't know anyone else's report, but I know that's true for mine. *shrug*

But even MBTI is in no way 100% accurate, so how can we expect another system attempting to explain personalities to be before we'll believe it, when we put our faith in MBTI despite it's imperfections?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

If there's anything scientific about astrology, I'm pretty sure it would be called astronomy.