i thought you ment something like this:

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im a machinish by profession and i have used these machines, so i got the basic idea how these work. and trust me when im saying this, you are not able to build a cnc machine, atleast if your not a really experienced machinist and mechanic who has worked with these machines alot

these machines need to much power that if you make even one calculation mistake by 1/500th of millimeter the thing will blow up in your face and you need to do ALOT of correct calculations.

not to mention how much the thing would cost and how long it would take to build it. this project would take you meny years or maybe just one or two if you do it full time and know about what your doing
    Ya, but I dont want a big thing like that.

I mainly need a machine precise enough to cut thru some plastic or wood, so I can build boxes for my robots. Cutting steel would be a dream, but I know too that will rarely be possible to be made true in ones basement.

My dream would be to cut gear boxes. I am in sincere need of gearboxes.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ah lol you ment small thing like that

Lol no, that would be a lifes work and I sure wouldnt have the skills for that, yep

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

why dont you just build a frame where you can put a drill and adjust its moving with stoppers?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Now we expect YOU to build that in your basement, since you have the experience.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Now we expect YOU to build that in your basement, since you have the experience.
    i would but i live in apartment, so i dont have a basement
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

why dont you just build a frame where you can put a drill and adjust its moving with stoppers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    i would but i live in apartment, so i dont have a basement
    Haha . I wish I had an appartment and not this dark and wet basement they've kept me locked in for years now .

As you said, a stepper a drill and there you go, that's my initial idea. I am tho still in the information gathering stage. I never looked into the possibilities there are to build a cnc equivalent at home so far, so I am still looking for what's possible.

I found cheap retooled cnc solutions on ebay for 800 euro, but that's too much. I just stumbled over this site: www.thiemig.de Preiswerte CNC + Datentechnik

The owner offers schematics and parts to build a machine yourself for around 300 Euro, what's a better price.

Gonna see what I am gonna do, I wrote an email to the site owner requesting some information, maybe that's a good idea to do, his side is referred by some huge modelbuilding communities.

I'll keep you posted, thx for your input so far

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

That's awesome, but I can definitely see it breaking again and again and again until you get pissed off with it and just let it gather dust. If you've got parts, and knowledge, DO IT!!! You're an engineer too, I take it that this is why you're taking on the project?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's awesome, but I can definitely see it breaking again and again and again until you get pissed off with it and just let it gather dust. If you've got parts, and knowledge, DO IT!!! You're an engineer too, I take it that this is why you're taking on the project?
    Yes, I've been trieing to construct a variety of robots lately, ranging from the automated turf cutting to the window cleaning robot . Some projects are gathering dust already but some I am constantly working on. I already managed to build a working board to let an engine move on a programmed path but I now come to the mechanics part. And despite on which site I am looking, they charge you horrendous amount of money for a single thing like a shaft, which is basically nothing more like a cylinder from metal.

And being able to manufacture those parts yourself, that's an engineers wet dream

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

building a robot that cleans your windows is the ultimate example of entp laziness
    — C.G. Jung

Read