• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

footnotes?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now this is an embarrassing question :blush: , but I've spent the past hour trying to figure out how to insert footnotes into a paper I've written and have no clue how to do so! It's rather sad. How does one go about putting footnotes into a paper on Microsoft Word? I'd be delighted for instructions! :D

otherwise I'll fail my class and end up living under the overpass near my house :cry: !

I've always used MLA citations in the past and am horribly confused by this damned APA format!

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Lol...I'm in the midst of writing an APA paper today myself. For some reason, MS Word is rather dumb in its layout, and therefore, the "Header/Footer" option is found under VIEW on the toolbar.

It's VIEW --> Header/Footer. I'm working on MS Word 2003, so if you have something different it may not be there. Let me know if you find it!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thanks! I have 2003 as well and absolutely hate it! (I guess that it's the end of everyone's semesters now or something!)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks! I have 2003 as well and absolutely hate it! (I guess that it's the end of everyone's semesters now or something!)

If you need anything else "Word-related," let me know... that software is like an armpit mole that won't go away, even if I cauterize or zap it.

I've been using Word since, like, the late 90's.

(...and yes, the numbering feature has been broken in some manner for as long as I can remember.)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
We have 2007 at school and it's so graphical and "user-friendly" that I'm using shortcut keys for everything so I don't have to go looking through the new interface.

2000 at home. That works perfectly well, thank you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah- we have 2007 on campus too- I'm not a big fan (I don't have TIME to learn a new layout for everything while on campus- I'm in a hurry!)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Footnotes (to reference them in as ^(1)) goes;

"Insert" -> "Reference" -> "Footnote"

Also works for endnotes.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thank you everybody! I got my footnotes inserted properly! :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the record: MLA formating is the devil. THE DEVIL!!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer it to APA- I don't like footnotes at all!

APA is a rambly mess. The MLA actually got me into a cussing match with a REALLY difficult professor once. lol Whoops!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish that there was some way NOT to have to cite sources and still not be plagarizing...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish that there was some way NOT to have to cite sources and still not be plagarizing...

I've asked if I could use bee-inspired interpretive dance before, but that was met with a negative response. How surprising. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've asked if I could use bee-inspired interpretive dance before, but that was met with a negative response. How surprising. :D

that would have been so much more interesting than a paper though!!!

Paint that striped and that would be you ----> :party2:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that would have been so much more interesting than a paper though!!!

Paint that striped and that would be you ----> :party2:

HAHAHA!! He's clearly telling us that the good pollen is 1/4 mile north... :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oooh- you speak bee-language?!? how impressive!

I didn't want to brag, but yes. Yes, I do. :cool:

Now he's telling us that toilet paper and shoe polish are on sale at Wal-Mart, 2 for a dollar.