User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

keep it mind that anyone can still change stuff if the PC is already running. to control the user accounts and the respective admin/user privileges check the control panel for user accounts. or put a password lock on your screensaver/standby options.

my approach to solving this problem would be to understand what he did. i google for things like "message prank" and maybe i find stuff that may or may not be related, like this. once i understand the intrusion i would know how to undo it. (i am asuming your brother is not hacker, but someone who learned how to do this by stumbling upon such instructions.) "while he disabled and limited me using my computer" - this sounds like he may have put more effort in it. i didn't understand your admin/login issue, sorry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    keep it mind that anyone can still change stuff if the PC is already running. to control the user accounts and the respective admin/user privileges check the control panel for user accounts. or put a password lock on your screensaver/standby options.
    So very true Vince, when my PC is running my brother can change stuff. That is a good idea, screensaver pass, I will do that too. Thanks.

Nanook I meant that my brother reduced my windows privileges and left a message that stayed as a message every time I used windows. Which slowed everything down, disabled the sound, install/uninstall functions, calendar view etc and spammed me with a message like a troll.

I reinstalled the system since it was faster for me than trying to find what he did to cause the issue. Plus I learned how to password my windows which I hadn't needed to do before until he started messing with my system. And I didn't know there are so many ways to change the system till now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Ooh had a tiff with my brother. He hates being wrong, as an INTJ my brother has to be superior. I tell him when I get to the ego truth his reaction will be the angriest. He then draws on the past and that I need to respect him, to respect my elders. Then he makes threats and says he'll have to teach me a lesson. Then I say just like you respect your mother right? I say until you respect me how can you be a good brother to me?

Did you try the "system restore" option prior to reinstalling windows? If not, it can be a handy feature to use if something like this happens again. You can access "system restore" through programs->accessories->system tools choose the system restore option. As far as the notes go, I actually do this to myself. I create little to do lists and make them load when the computer starts, all so I can ignore them. Anyway, under programs there is a start-up folder and I drag documents into this folder that I want to launch on start up. I am not sure that this is what he did though. It's too bad that he is doing this kind of stupid crap at his age. Also, do you have the your settings so that a password has to be entered prior to the initial boot sequence, i.e. prior to windows loading? Your brother will be able to get past the windows password easily. However, if a password is required before windows loads then you should be safe. It would probably be too much of a pain for your brother to reset the BIOS password.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

I'm not sure if system restore actually resets user account changes. Could be.

Why don't you give Microsoft Family Bond Restore a try It seems like the easiest way.

I'm not sure if system restore actually resets user account changes. Could be.
    Nope, I tried it oh well.

Why don't you give Microsoft Family Bond Restore a try It seems like the easiest way
    but I think he'll need to use Microsoft Lobotomy on his brother, then Microsoft Family Bond Restore. .

MBTI
    ISTP

One note for you: If your brother is actually tech savvy enough, he'd know that if you reset the CMOS (bios), it generally erases the password too. That's usually controlled by a button or jumper on your computer's motherboard. Therefore, you would also need a lock on the computer case to fully "secure" it.....or just change the locks on your freaking house, just saying...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

^ or I'll just have to move the fuck away to another residence.

Yes he does have a degree in Computer Science. He did say that to me that he needs to teach me a lesson out of some inane principle to respect your elders. I hope he gets more kidney stones, hahahaha I hope it fucking hurts like it was meant to. He couldn't stand it and got operated on removing a 5mm stone recently, aww I wanted it to naturally leave his body...