User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Default Would u have your dead body cryogenically frozen to someday be resurrected?

I personally think this is bullshit. But lets suppose you somehow knew it would work and could trust the creepy cryogenics companies; that money was no object; and that if you died in old age youd be revived in a future where they can reverse aging.

Ill say yes. Curiosity. It would be like a means of time travel to see the future.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the casethen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hell yes, no question about it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

your resident asshole

If I had oodles and oodles of cash, why not? Sure we may have no idea how to fix anything now, but maybe some day . . .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe. I had a friend get a vasectomy and he froze his sperm. Maybe I will just freeze some sperm so my DNA could travel to the future (via a more direct route than by brat) but my body and soul could rest in peace without worrying about being in some frozen purgatory.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Probably not. It would be like culture shock times a trillion. I'm more likely to end up rotting in an abandoned carport in Mississippi.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Absolutely.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this, I rather find immortality rather than resurrection. Of course if it's death or this, i would choose the latter.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd do it.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Maybe. I had a friend get a vasectomy and he froze his sperm.

Frozen sperm only last for about 2 years in cryo.

Fortunately, since your friend chose vasectomoy over castration, he can still have viable sperm extracted from his cajones.

Eggs can be cryo-preserved for a looong time because they are (1) much larger than sperm, and (2) have a much thicker cell membrane and can thus withstand super cold conditions better and longer.

I'm a neuter and I love it! I've saved so much on condom purchases I know the procedure has paid for itself! Not to mention all the college tuition and bail money it saved me.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Nope, I'd rather just die. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.