• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would u have your dead body cryogenically frozen to someday be resurrected?

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I personally think this is bullshit. But let’s suppose you somehow knew it would work and could trust the creepy cryogenics companies; that money was no object; and that if you died in old age you’d be revived in a future where they can reverse aging.

I’ll say yes. Curiosity. It would be like a means of time travel to see the future.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hell yes, no question about it. :coffee:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
If I had oodles and oodles of cash, why not? Sure we may have no idea how to fix anything now, but maybe some day . . .

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe. I had a friend get a vasectomy and he froze his sperm. Maybe I will just freeze some sperm so my DNA could travel to the future (via a more direct route than by brat) but my body and soul could rest in peace without worrying about being in some frozen purgatory.

LEGERdeMAIN

Probably not. It would be like culture shock times a trillion. I'm more likely to end up rotting in an abandoned carport in Mississippi.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this, I rather find immortality rather than resurrection. Of course if it's death or this, i would choose the latter.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe. I had a friend get a vasectomy and he froze his sperm.

Frozen sperm only last for about 2 years in cryo.

Fortunately, since your friend chose vasectomoy over castration, he can still have viable sperm extracted from his cajones.

Eggs can be cryo-preserved for a looong time because they are (1) much larger than sperm, and (2) have a much thicker cell membrane and can thus withstand super cold conditions better and longer. :yes:

I'm a neuter and I love it! I've saved so much on condom purchases I know the procedure has paid for itself! Not to mention all the college tuition and bail money it saved me. :rofl1:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nope, I'd rather just die. Thank you very much.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^its funny...especially in this thread...I keep reading the member forzen as frozen.:huh:

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
And when he had prayed awhile, Jesus raised his voice and cried, “Lazarus, come forth!” And he that was dead came forth…

-John’s Gospel (paraphrase)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cryogenically frozen or how its written, is actually a good idea.

My idea so far was to be shot in space so some advanced race could resurrect me.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^I wonder if they would probe you first or afterwards. Actually I don't:D

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'd do it, though it seems more viable to me to not be frozen (which destroys all your cell membranes) and rather wait and hope during my lifetime they fix that whole nasy mitochondrial free radical crap that really causes you to age.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ever heard of entropy ?
ur idea only works in a perfectly determinist universe, and in such an universe u wouldn't be there to make that conscious choice, anyway.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Not my body, but maybe my brain, and then they could implant it inside a robot, feed the robot stimulants to prevent my brain from freaking out from needing a fix, and causing the robot to shoot everything in sight!