• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Google Wave

Mole

Permabanned
I'm logged into Google Wave for the first time. It looks wonderful to me.

I have a webcam and a Flip video camera and I would like to start using them.

At times I can put language to sleep in my brain and perceive in images and shapes. And I would like to do this with my cameras.

So I thought I would put on my new suit and new ties and video myself walking towards the camera at University House. But what to do after that, I have yet to discover.

Mole

Permabanned
And interestingly Google Wave was written in Sydney, Australia.

And even more important, Google Wave was written to replace Email.

Email is based on the outdated metaphor of mail where individuals send each other individual messages.

But Google Wave, like bulletin boards and Typology Central, is based on conversations shared by a number of people across the world.

And in Google Wave conversations can include text, voice and video in real time.

Google Wave is Typology Central taken to the next level.

Whoopee!

Mole

Permabanned
I never thought I would change my email address from gmail 'cause I thought gmail was the cat's meow.

But the cat can meow all he likes 'cause I have changed my address to victor.shortus@googlewave.com

So do catch a wave with me on googlewave.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And interestingly Google Wave was written in Sydney, Australia.

And even more important, Google Wave was written to replace Email.

Email is based on the outdated metaphor of mail where individuals send each other individual messages.

But Google Wave, like bulletin boards and Typology Central, is based on conversations shared by a number of people across the world.

And in Google Wave conversations can include text, voice and video in real time.

Google Wave is Typology Central taken to the next level.

Whoopee!

That sounds rad.

Mole

Permabanned
I've just received my first reply on googlewave. It came from Paul in the South of France. And it was very cool. It thanked me for my shout out.

I only wish Blackmail were as cool. But instead he remains aloof as a gallic cat.

Little does he know how much we enjoy his posts.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been on for a few days now (thanks, insane_diver), but I still don't know the first thing to do. I got my introduction waves (which cannot even be replied to).
Who do I even send waves to? What about? Just throw any subject out there to anyone interested?
How does one find other people. It says to enter e-mail, but I believe that is Google e-mail (gmail), and I don'e know anyone with a gmail address.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I shall add you OP! and I have 6 more invites to give out.. we should harass some people to join us so we can converse. ;

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You should get one sometime between an hour and three days from now.

Chloe

i have it and it's still too slow ..

it'll be awesome when it gets faster

i can send invitations but i dont have them now yet (or cant find where are they :D)