• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lagrangian Sturctures

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been wondering when someone would start working with something like this...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Interesting read.

I wonder if there are emergent principles governing the structures...and how intelligible those principles are without the aid of a computer.

I am linking what seems useful here (note some of this is math intensive):
LCS Tutorial Contents
Defintion and Properties of Lagranian Coherent Structures (this one has animations)

They don't look extremely different (actually, they look quite similar - but it's better to be more skeptical than not) from the movement of cyclonic and anticyclonic air masses in meteorology charts. It could be a case of scaled self-similarity, which would be reasonable given that both fields are based on fluid dynamics. The divide between self-similarity and uniformity could be seen as the divide between baroclinicity and barotropicity. Mbah, thinking about this only makes me feel like I should have gone for physics, as I wanted, instead of economics.