User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Just to let you know the great pyramid not only from the outside but from the inside are built in such a way that there's a window where during the revolving of the earth can align with the sun so it would shine the majestic tomb on the pharoh's birthday.
    Well, that's neat.

There's a sculpture at the University of Chicago that has a shadow that aligns to make a hammer-and-sickle shape every May Day.

I never said the ancient Egyptians weren't smart.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    There are many great things ancient people knew, such as the Mayans and Incas and their incredibly complex understanding of the planets and the stars. The Egyptians and their incredible architecture and building methods (and Coral Castle being of the same sort of mystery). All the unexplained esoteric shit that even our modern understanding of the world cannot allows us to explain, but somehow ancient people could. That doesn't mean they were smarter, it just means somewhere in our past we had access to different technologies unlike what we have today. Hell, they even had ancient batteries and machines that archaeologists have discovered, but we have no clue how they were used. Life does not follow a linear path as fools like Darwin have suggested. I reject Darwin and a majority of his conclusions and the implications thereof.
    The bottom line is, that they were exactly the same species as we are, as smart as we are, thus they could have easily created a completely *different* but equally *complex* theory and application of *whatever*.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

It's technologically impossible to build what they did, no matter how many slaves you use. If it were a matter of manpower, we could do it today with mechanical power. But we can't. Scientists admit that.
    So I'm guessing you subscribe to the "space alien" theory.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, that's neat.

There's a sculpture at the University of Chicago that has a shadow that aligns to make a hammer-and-sickle shape every May Day.

I never said the ancient Egyptians weren't smart.
    These ancient people knew a GREAT deal about astronomy and the movements of the stars and planets, things in some cultures we are only just now discovering through our modern scientific methods. How they obtained such knowledge with the technology we think they DIDN'T have is inexplicable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So I'm guessing you subscribe to the "space alien" theory.
    I subscribe to the we don't know shit theory. Hard for some people to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    The bottom line is, that they were exactly the same species as we are, as smart as we are, thus they could have easily created a completely *different* but equally *complex* theory and application of *whatever*.
    Right. And consider they different ways of thinking human beings probably had so many thousands of years ago and you can understand how technology could've taken a completely different course.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I subscribe to the we don't know shit theory. Hard for some people to admit.
    Really? You just said manpower alone can't build the pyramids. So much for that theory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think people are quick to overestimate the supposed impossibility of the Great Pyramids construction.

Here's a link that offers professional engineering rationale. No hocus pocus. Just tens of thousands of workers over a handful of decades.

Here's a snippet:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that the total project required an average workforce of 13,200 persons and a peak workforce of 40,000 and that it required two to three years of site preparation, five years of pyramid construction, and two years of ramp removal, decoration, and other ancillary tasks. Assembling a workforce of this sizeóand feeding itóappear to have been well within the capabilities of the Egyptian economy at that time if the population was in fact 1 million to 1.5 million.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Really? You just said manpower alone can't build the pyramids. So much for that theory.
    Don't be an ignoramus. I said by all of our calculations most scientists can't account for how such a structure could be built, with sheer manpower. Saying they just took a bunch of people and did it somehow without substantial proof or calculation is an unscientific leap of faith.

MBTI
    ENFJ

These ancient people knew a GREAT deal about astronomy and the movements of the stars and planets, things in some cultures we are only just now discovering through our modern scientific methods. How they obtained such knowledge with the technology we think they DIDN'T have is inexplicable.
    How old are humans, as a species?

Very, very, very old. I still hold that this could be discovered by trial and error.

There were so many opportunities for knowledge to be lost, you know, by people killing each other. Just because you're smart doesn't mean that if an arrow gets stuck through your skull you won't die. Even if we have a society full of geniuses, no matter how much astronomy they knew, they're still cannon fodder for the civilization next door with better weapons.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I think people are quick to overestimate the supposed impossibility of the Great Pyramids discussion.

Here's a link that offers professional engineering rationale. No hocus pocus. Just tens of thousands of workers over a handful of decades.

Here's a snippet:

Based on our program management approach and our informed guesses we concluded that the total project required an average workforce of 13,200 persons and a peak workforce of 40,000 and that it required two to three years of site preparation, five years of pyramid construction, and two years of ramp removal, decoration, and other ancillary tasks. Assembling a workforce of this sizeóand feeding itóappear to have been well within the capabilities of the Egyptian economy at that time if the population was in fact 1 million to 1.5 million.
    Yeah, I don't know shit about the precise matter, I was just trying to offer a general rationale.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp