User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    We are getting increasingly stupid.
    I have long believed this. People think ancient man evolved from apes and we have been getting smarter ever since. If we're so much smarter, we should be able to build pyramids and move 20,000 pound hewn stones up mountains... or at least be able to figure out how THEY did it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because the Egyptians had developed rocket science? Seriously, what kind of dumb comparison is that?
    And we have developed structures like the pyramids?

You haven't got my point. For the knowledge they had, they were pretty intelligent to create such a structure. But for the knowledge we have, why can't we make something as phenomenal as they did for our time?

MBTI
    INTx

People with the largest heads are the smartest? "Maybe we don't need our brains as much"? What type of insights are these?

All this does is give whiny doomsayers some "aha I told you so humanity is stoopid" ammunition.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Because the Egyptians had developed rocket science? Seriously, what kind of dumb comparison is that?
    I agree, it's a dumb comparison. The sort of architecture doesn't really have anything to do with our advances in rocket science, it has to do with lack of anthropological/ancient architectural/whatever knowledge and research.

How were they so accurately designed? Has anybody guessed trial an error yet? Imagine you have all the time in the world...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    How were they so accurately designed? Has anybody guessed trial an error yet? Imagine you have all the time in the world...
    Just to let you know the great pyramid not only from the outside but from the inside are built in such a way that there's a window where during the revolving of the earth can align with the sun so it would shine the majestic tomb on the pharoh's birthday.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    And we have developed structures like the pyramids?

You haven't got my point. For the knowledge they had, they were pretty intelligent to create such a structure. But for the knowledge we have, why can't we make something as phenomenal as they did for our time?
    And we have a million times more knowledge, doesn't it mean that we are phenomenal for our times? We can make skyscrapers, how do you know an egyptian wouldn't find them absolutely incredible as much as we find pyramides incredible? How did we get all our knowledge, if not by means of intelligence?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    ^ I haven't actually. Though I kinda figured someone would make a remark along those lines.

(this was in response to ajblaise)

Oh, you should see it. It should be an NT rite of passage.

But for the knowledge we have, why can't we make something as phenomenal as they did?
    A lack of slave labor and incentive to spend multiple lifetimes building giant symbolic monuments to the Gods.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

There are many great things ancient people knew, such as the Mayans and Incas and their incredibly complex understanding of the planets and the stars. The Egyptians and their incredible architecture and building methods (and Coral Castle being of the same sort of mystery). All the unexplained esoteric shit that even our modern understanding of the world cannot allows us to explain, but somehow ancient people could. That doesn't mean they were smarter, it just means somewhere in our past we had access to different technologies unlike what we have today. Hell, they even had ancient batteries and machines that archaeologists have discovered, but we have no clue how they were used. Life does not follow a linear path as fools like Darwin have suggested. I reject Darwin and a majority of his conclusions and the implications thereof.

MBTI
    INFJ

Human intelligence is declining. Find me a man who can design the pyramids like it's architect and I would consider thinking otherwise. We don't have that genius anymore.
    Of course there is rocket science and all that but that can be learnt within a matter of years whereas no one has yet figured out how the pyramids were so accurately designed.
    I can build pyramids if you give me enough slaves.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Oh, you should see it. It should be an NT rite of passage.

A lack of slave labor and incentive to spend multiple lifetimes building symbolic monuments to the Gods.
    It's technologically impossible to build what they did, no matter how many slaves you use. If it were a matter of manpower, we could do it today with mechanical power. But we can't. Scientists admit that.