• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The human brain is getting smaller due to evolution

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not only partially based on statistical data obtained by IQ tests, with some of the input of it being questionable like Equatorial guinea. But there are also very arbitrary factors, like economical statuses of countries included which influences the "Flynn factors" effect on diverse population's.

The bell-curve authors only demonstrate that economically lesser nations perform worse then 1st world countries on standardized Intelligence quotient tests. It doesn't really prove anything about the cognitive ability of denizens of the world.

Lots of criticism by qualified scholars has already been directed towards the book, so i don't see the point in trying to take up it's deficiencies. But the least i can do is tell you that the hypothesizes and explanations are jack shit for credibility.
All irrelevant. We're not talking about the book, we're not talking about Flynn, we're not talking about race. We're talking about IQ trends over time. Being able to discern the difference between a person, book, organization and idea, is pretty crucial to critical thinking.

Are IQs rising over the period in question or not? All the evidence I've looked at suggests that they are.

So does the fact that our heads have shrunk say anything about us becoming more stupid? No. There's no evidence to support that idea.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
All irrelevant. We're not talking about the book, we're not talking about Flynn, we're not talking about race. We're talking about IQ trends over time. Being able to discern the difference between a person, book, organization and idea, is pretty crucial to critical thinking.
Of course it's relevant. If you take it up as a premise in your speculation, then yes you automatically make it relevant to the discussion, as a detail. It might not coincide with the overall topic, but it doesn't devalue it's position in the discussion. I don't see how i've failed to discern between the book, the authors, organization or any of the idea, now that is what i would call irrelevant.

Are IQs rising over the period in question or not? All the evidence I've looked at suggests that they are.
What evidence?.

So does the fact that our heads have shrunk say anything about us becoming more stupid? No. There's no evidence to support that idea.

goes without saying really.