User Tag List

First 3111213

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    It's not only partially based on statistical data obtained by IQ tests, with some of the input of it being questionable like Equatorial guinea. But there are also very arbitrary factors, like economical statuses of countries included which influences the "Flynn factors" effect on diverse population's.

The bell-curve authors only demonstrate that economically lesser nations perform worse then 1st world countries on standardized Intelligence quotient tests. It doesn't really prove anything about the cognitive ability of denizens of the world.

Lots of criticism by qualified scholars has already been directed towards the book, so i don't see the point in trying to take up it's deficiencies. But the least i can do is tell you that the hypothesizes and explanations are jack shit for credibility.
    All irrelevant. We're not talking about the book, we're not talking about Flynn, we're not talking about race. We're talking about IQ trends over time. Being able to discern the difference between a person, book, organization and idea, is pretty crucial to critical thinking.

Are IQs rising over the period in question or not? All the evidence I've looked at suggests that they are.

So does the fact that our heads have shrunk say anything about us becoming more stupid? No. There's no evidence to support that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    All irrelevant. We're not talking about the book, we're not talking about Flynn, we're not talking about race. We're talking about IQ trends over time. Being able to discern the difference between a person, book, organization and idea, is pretty crucial to critical thinking.
    Of course it's relevant. If you take it up as a premise in your speculation, then yes you automatically make it relevant to the discussion, as a detail. It might not coincide with the overall topic, but it doesn't devalue it's position in the discussion. I don't see how i've failed to discern between the book, the authors, organization or any of the idea, now that is what i would call irrelevant.

Are IQs rising over the period in question or not? All the evidence I've looked at suggests that they are.
    What evidence?.

So does the fact that our heads have shrunk say anything about us becoming more stupid? No. There's no evidence to support that idea.
    goes without saying really.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."