User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Windows 7

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like it so far, except I haven't figured out how to get my wireless printer to work yet.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

just plug it in hahaha
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    just plug it in hahaha
    I have to now. Booo.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've been having problems with Vista, so I decided to upgrade from Vista 32bit to Win7 64 bit.

So far, I'm loving it. I got a bit overzealous initially when I failed to make sure all my hardware has 64 bit drivers (damn you PCI wireless access card!), but I was able to find a way to work around it.

So far, so good. I haven't received any blue screens like I was getting under 32bit Vista, and I really like the interface updates. The new taskbar is quite well thought out, and I love being able to easily split screen 2 windows horizontally and vertically.

Oh, and as lame as it sounds, putting the Post It notes some place where they are easily run across was a great idea. I love em.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I've been having problems with Vista, so I decided to upgrade from Vista 32bit to Win7 64 bit.

So far, I'm loving it. I got a bit overzealous initially when I failed to make sure all my hardware has 64 bit drivers (damn you PCI wireless access card!), but I was able to find a way to work around it.

So far, so good. I haven't received any blue screens like I was getting under 32bit Vista, and I really like the interface updates. The new taskbar is quite well thought out, and I love being able to easily split screen 2 windows horizontally and vertically.

Oh, and as lame as it sounds, putting the Post It notes some place where they are easily run across was a great idea. I love em.
    +1

I love it too! I upgraded from 32-bit Vista myself. I wasn't getting blue screens, but it was taking about 20 seconds to open applications. I was used to sluggishness on a quad-core processor with 4GB of ram.

You should really try out the new Calculator's Unit Conversion and Date Calculation if you haven't already. It's awesome. I used to have to find online converters or write Excel templates with obscure commands for that kind of stuff.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    +1

I love it too! I upgraded from 32-bit Vista myself. I wasn't getting blue screens, but it was taking about 20 seconds to open applications. I was used to sluggishness on a quad-core processor with 4GB of ram.

You should really try out the new Calculator's Unit Conversion and Date Calculation if you haven't already. It's awesome. I used to have to find online converters or write Excel templates with obscure commands for that kind of stuff.
    That's actually really cool! Thanks for sharing that. I've been making alot of food conversions for my diet, and it gets old having to go online to do it. (Even if I can just type "23 grams to ounces" in Google's search bar and have it convert it.)

Windows 7 does seem quite a bit more responsive, so far. I'm looking forward to see what developers come up with for it. I was really impressed when I saw a download status bar in the taskbar when I was downloading a file in IE8, and it makes me think there may be more surprises down the line.

Sadly, I got 2 blue screens shortly after making my post about no more blue screens, though. Joy. Time to start the fun and excitement of troubleshooting. I'm 75% sure it's my motherboard. Fun.