• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Caligula's Nemi Ships: "Floating Palaces"

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nemi - Place of Mystery since Antiquity

Lake Nemi Ships

I heard about this on the History channel. I found it interesting that they were able to create something so elaborate in Ancient times. I mean, it was a ship, and it had a heating system without electricity. And the Romans had the architectural skill to create all the complex structures on the ship, as well as having the ability to work bronze metal with almost the same precision and skill that it's done with today.

Anyway, what impressed me was that people back then were able to do so much without electricity, using only their own limited technology and resources, but that we're so dependent on gasoline, automation and other such things now that we would probably not be able to do nearly that much without them. It seems ironic.

Is this interesting?