User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm... How come someone makes an off-hand remark about a tech that might increase breast size, and suddenly everyone's lecturing about how she shouldn't want larger breasts?

Weird.

(Frankly, I empathize with those with larger breasts, I have friends who have gotten reductions, but mine are not large enough to fit my frame and that causes its own issues and disappointments, regardless of whether or not I can "work around" the problem visibly...)

There was one or two good posts involving breast dev and/or workarounds, so that's cool, though.

You have a real point, although I didn't say don't do it, it did air on that side... Sorry OP....I'm just SO aware that I know no women who are happy about their shape.

I'm mainly happy about my shape, but my waist doesn't go in - no matter how much I starve myself. I went shopping last week with my neice and I tried on one of those waist hugger belt and I couldn't get it to join at all. She has a totally different shape to me, and she put it on and belted it with ease... she then pointed out that the reason I couldn't was beacsue of my ribs... MAN I've given myself shit for years about this..... and it's a skeletal issue... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I do firmly beleive that most women have no idea what so ever how to dress their body shape. It really does mean they buy he wrong things (or only accidentally get it right).... but it can make you look taller, hide the flabby bits and make a huge difference to confidence... Hence you can make your boobs seem more ample without drastic actions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

I do firmly beleive that most women have no idea what so ever how to dress their body shape. It really does mean they buy he wrong things (or only accidentally get it right).... but it can make you look taller, hide the flabby bits and make a huge difference to confidence... Hence you can make your boobs seem more ample without drastic actions.
    I do agree with this and especially about bra size. You go in those department stores and the old ladies that work there know exactly what size bra you should be wearing, even before they measure you. It's amazing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I do agree with this and especially about bra size. You go in those department stores and the old ladies that work there know exactly what size bra you should be wearing, even before they measure you. It's amazing.
    Indeed, but it's not just bras... it's body shape, how to make a big bum look smaller - depends on skirt length and shape etc..

Trinny and Susannah reveal 12 women's body types - which are you? | Mail Online

It's all an optical illusions... you can make yourself look fabulous regardless of what your body shape is if you learn what to wear and how to wear it.

Sorry seriously at risk of derailing going on.... perhas a good cue for a body shape thread in the bonfire...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

she then pointed out that the reason I couldn't was beacsue of my ribs... MAN I've given myself shit for years about this..... and it's a skeletal issue... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    That is so awesome. Seriously, isn't that just how life is? How much time did you waste in life worrying about such a crazy thing.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    That is so awesome. Seriously, isn't that just how life is? How much time did you waste in life worrying about such a crazy thing.
    OK body shape thread on the bonfire...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

.I'm just SO aware that I know no women who are happy about their shape.
    I totally agree on that.

I'm mainly happy about my shape, but my waist doesn't go in - no matter how much I starve myself. I went shopping last week with my neice and I tried on one of those waist hugger belt and I couldn't get it to join at all. She has a totally different shape to me, and she put it on and belted it with ease... she then pointed out that the reason I couldn't was beacsue of my ribs... MAN I've given myself shit for years about this..... and it's a skeletal issue... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    yeah, don't I know it.

There is stuff we can never change about our bodies, we can only adjust.

totally!

I do an immense amount of workaround with my appearance. I do not like how I look, bare bones and all much, but I am really really good at instinctively knowing (and accepting) what makes me look good and what does not suit me at all, and I dress that way. Other women with much better frames than me tell me I look great and are envious (see above) and I don't think they realize how much I am tailoring my visual by choosing the right clothes for my body, whereas they are trying to wear things that do not gel with their bone structure or personality.

But... sigh... I still sometimes would die to wear some of the clothes my friends wear.

Boobs are weird in that I would like mine to be a little larger, but when I've played with enchancers, I've noticed sizes where the boobs themselves look good but then they visually overbalance my lower body... arg!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't mind my shape. I got over minding my shape when I looked back at my life. I thought about starting a thread on this but let's just say I wasn't happy with my shape in this picture.

'blowkiss on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (this is not me now)

I also have a sister who goes up and down somewhat in weight (she looks fine) and will sometimes be happy with herself and suggest family pictures. Then the next year at the same place she feels heavy so she hides behind her husband so you can't see her body in the picture when someone else suggests family pictures.. because SHE did the year before. She didn't even look much different.

I'm over being unhappy with my size/weight/body shape. I'm working out but it's really just about me wanting to. When I was in high school and rail thin I didn't like that my stomach poofed out after I ate.

I really don't want to live my life always regretting something about my body.

MBTI
    ENTP

Guys I started a body shape thread .... just don't want to derail the topic because it's got an identify...

Jennifer...."Other women with much better frames than me tell me I look great and are envious " thats cos you know how to dress your shape...

Elaur - I got diagnosed with PCOS (polycistic ovaries),, I put on a lot of weight in a really short time and it took me 2 years to get the second diagnosis of dangerouly low iron/b12 before it all fell off again... I've still ot quite got over that experience...

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm... How come someone makes an off-hand remark about a tech that might increase breast size, and suddenly everyone's lecturing about how she shouldn't want larger breasts?
    Indeed lol

I have heard all the reasons for how bad they would be and how much better my side of the fence is, but seriously, I love boobs, and I would love nothing more than to be the proud owner of a hefty pair.

I'm just wondering how legit this sort of technology is. I read a few years back that sound was being used to regrow teeth so maybe sound would work to increase breast size?

I want one of the ring tones.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari