• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

College Internet

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
:cry: So basically ever since I went to college, my nerdiness has been limited. I can't connect to any large servers...

...and this includes Ventrilo! Woe is me. How does one fix such a monstrosity?! :steam:

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I've tried Megaupload, I get the files I want but I can't actually connect to servers. Some friends tried to get me to do that with Ragnarok Online one dull college day, and I have all the files needed, just keep getting "cannot connect to server." :p

Yay college.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've tried Megaupload, I get the files I want but I can't actually connect to servers. Some friends tried to get me to do that with Ragnarok Online one dull college day, and I have all the files needed, just keep getting "cannot connect to server." :p

Yay college.

This is because the connection is encrypted. I don't really know any work arounds...well I do, but it's not something you could do with your college internet's router. Normally, you would find the ports the program uses and have the router forward those ports for your IP address.