User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That was a later addition for dramatic effect. Originally, the Borg were a collective consciousness. I specifically heard they added that so that people would be able to grasp and relate to the situation, precisely because the idea of a collective consciousness was too impersonal for people to comprehend or react to. So it would look like there was a single focal point.
    It was probably more symbolic of the "hive mind" being a lie, and that the worker drones were nothing but slaves, controlled by a power hungry individual Queen Bee. Their collective consciousness is just their means of communication, not a heightened ability to make wiser decisions using the collective wisdom of their society. Because the true decisions were being made by their ruler.

In other words, it's a reflection of our own society, and the lie we have been sold that we live in a democratic society.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

This is offtopic, but I love that white hair-ed japanese professor dude! He's hilarious.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    It was probably more symbolic of the "hive mind" being a lie, and that the worker drones were nothing but slaves, controlled by a power hungry individual Queen Bee. Their collective consciousness is just their means of communication, not a heightened ability to make wiser decisions using the collective wisdom of their society. Because the true decisions were being made by their ruler.

In other words, it's a reflection of our own society, and the lie we have been sold that we live in a democratic society.
    Well at least its better than being real peasants in a MONARCHAL society, don't you think?

We get to be ROBOpeasants in a corrupted democratic capitalist society! I think it's a step up.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.