• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

laptop

Usehername

On a mission
you could spend your time learning your alphabet backward to distract yourself.

z, y, x, w....

Usehername

On a mission
you could think of a time when he really messed up to make yourself feel more human, because most certainly this is simply a human mistake.

happens to the best of us.

no biggie.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
yeah I suppose it is.... I am overly emotional about life to begin with, and life is stressful enough at the moment that I am sure I am making a mountain out of a hill..... it's a big stress but it could work. The fact that it shut down before I shut it down leads me to believe I fried something. Spilling liquid is not under warranty now is it?

the fact that I am on the computer and not the laptop and it's not on is gonna be a huge noticeable red flag.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
he's an entp.... do you really think he has ever messed up in his life? No I the enfp is the one who always has to say she's sorry and who always admits to being wrong.... I kinda own the rights to the fuck ups in this marriage... trust me on that.... this isn't as bad as last yrs thanksgiving though so I suppose it could be worse. yeah I was the cause of that too

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
yeah I suppose it is.... I am overly emotional about life to begin with, and life is stressful enough at the moment that I am sure I am making a mountain out of a hill..... it's a big stress but it could work. The fact that it shut down before I shut it down leads me to believe I fried something. Spilling liquid is not under warranty now is it?

the fact that I am on the computer and not the laptop and it's not on is gonna be a huge noticeable red flag.

You could log out and turn it off... and then pretend you were watching television or reading a book. Let us know if everything goes over well with him... I just hope he's nice about it...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
*sigh* thanks

well at least I know he loves me...... he may hate me, and I may infuriate him, but he does love me

lastrailway

Why don't you take off the battery, wipe it, put it again and try once more to switch it on?
I have spilt sometimes coffee in my laptop without having problem later, but generally....

edit: and, no, spilling liquids is not under warranty usually

lastrailway

Oh. Well, take it off again, if you can take off the hard disk (it's usually very easy, if I remember well in HPs is located just under the touchpad). If you cannot or don't want, leave it like that, if you can remove any other part (the cd-drive, for instance) remove it, move the laptop to make sure there is not any liquid left (probably there isn't but, just in case) and try again after many hours, or better tomorrow.
If it still doesn't function, it's probably useless. Sorry

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
he loves me... he says give it 24hrs and we will see what happens... it could be worse he tells me

lastrailway

he loves me... he says give it 24hrs and we will see what happens... it could be worse he tells me

Well, it is normal, no? How would he stop loving you because of a laptop?
24 hours is enough time to find out whether it's ok or not. If not, you just take it back to the shop you bought it, they *might* agree to fix it or replace it on warranty

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I am an enfp I worry too much!

It's dry and working just perfectly fine now *sigh*

THANK YOU!

I cried for nothing