Thread: laptop

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    is there a reset button on it??

it's been an hour and it won't turn on
    Uh... if it won't turn on at all, and it's plugged in... that means it's fried. Sorry. But if you really don't want your husband to know, do you think you could get down to the store and buy another of the same model without them knowing, maybe having the hard drive swapped out between the original and the new one? You seemed worried about your husband finding out, so I'm offering this suggestion for that reason.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

no no I can't
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it should still be under manufacturer's warranty if you've only had it for 2 weeks (the warrenty generally lasts for a year)- in which case you shouldn't really be worried at all. And if laptops are anything like cell phones it should be fine once it's dried out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Heero View Post
    Do not wait a few hours, wait a few -DAYS-.

You need to keep it in a well ventilated area. Water isn't kryptonite for electronics, but the short circuiting -IS-. You need to be absolutely positive about two things.

1) It is dry
    2) There is no corrosion

Other than that, it should be fine as long as you shut it off immediately after you spilled it, though it may be quite sticky.

Also, keep it unplugged, batter removed.
    +1

no sense in NOT waiting a few days to be certain it's dry.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp

I splashed a lil coffee on it and it won't turn on

the blue light comes on when I plug in the power... I am awaiting the arrival of my husband and then we have to go to a family birthday party which at the moment is stressful enough in and of it's self b/c firstly we're late.... secondly his mother hates me and thirdly I add undue stress to my husbands life and I can't seem to do anything right.... I just would really rather die at this moment then live another day stuck here
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I splashed a lil coffee on it and it won't turn on

the blue light comes on when I plug in the power... I am awaiting the arrival of my husband and then we have to go to a family birthday party which at the moment is stressful enough in and of it's self b/c firstly we're late.... secondly his mother hates me and thirdly I add undue stress to my husbands life and I can't seem to do anything right.... I just would really rather die at this moment then live another day stuck here
    Could you just put it away somewhere, and maybe he won't notice until the party's over?

MBTI
    enfp

it's brand new I will have to tell him (oh he's an entp...... )

I am an enfp..... I have been sobbing uncontrollably for the last 20mins.... he's gonna know something is wrong when he gets home......

what sucks is that the amount that splashed on the laptop and the table wasn't even enough to soak a tea towel. I have spashed more on a keyboard and still had it work......

I shall be numb by the time he gets home
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So there's nothing you could do to hide it in the midst of all the stress? He's going to ask about the computer when he gets in, nothing you can do? You couldn't distract him by directing his attention to something else?

I am an enfp..... I have been sobbing uncontrollably for the last 20mins.... he's gonna know something is wrong when he gets home......
    You could always look for something really sad on the Internet, and claim you cried when you read it because it touched your heart... you're probably sensitive enough that he'll believe it.

I don't understand why you would cry, though... I'd be more frustrated and anxious than sad. I guess xNFP's are more sensitive, poor things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

what sucks is that the amount that splashed on the laptop and the table wasn't even enough to soak a tea towel. I have spashed more on a keyboard and still had it work......

I shall be numb by the time he gets home
    1. yes it sucks
    2. it could be worse
    3. it's gonna be okay i promise

(in the very large scheme of things, this is quite insignificant...)
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

you could turn off reality and watch a movie in your head until he gets home and then just proceed with the tasks that are time-dependent and deal with it later.
    C.S. Lewis