• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Conductive Ink

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
So I recently heard about "Bare Conductive Ink", a skin-safe, washable conductive material. You can check out the website here: Bare Conductive

conductive_bodypaint_530.jpg

Anyway I realized this story is a few months old, and still no sign of it being used for anything other than interpretive dance and turning people into synthesizers:
[YOUTUBE="IObPkUFq0hg"]Bare Ink Demonstration[/YOUTUBE]​

What's up with that? Shouldn't we have awesome interactive technology based on this or something? :steam:

I thought it was kind of cool stuff either way.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Is it necessary for them to wear a bikini? lol

Answer: Yes.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems to only be good for the entertainment value since everything else I can think of can all be done with a touch screen.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Is it necessary for them to wear a bikini? lol
Answer: Yes.

Lol yes it helps with the conductivity :rolli:

Seems to only be good for the entertainment value since everything else I can think of can all be done with a touch screen.

I guess so. I was hoping they'd try to do something else with it though. It can turn the human body into the equivalent of a wire, I don't see why they couldn't build on that by incorporating other technology.

Or at least flashy lights or something...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe a light that runs off of human bioelectric; that would be useful at night for jogging and biking...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe a light that runs off of human bioelectric; that would be useful at night for jogging and biking...

That's awesome, but how much energy can you get from "human bioelectricity", I googled it a bit, but didn't find anything. I'm not sure that it would actually have enough energy for light.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Looks really cool.

Bet it can cause cancer, though.

Everything causes cancer.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's awesome, but how much energy can you get from "human bioelectricity", I googled it a bit, but didn't find anything. I'm not sure that it would actually have enough energy for light.

I forget how much we put out, but it's not a lot. If it can be stepped up the right way you might be able to power a few LEDs off it.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forget how much we put out, but it's not a lot. If it can be stepped up the right way you might be able to power a few LEDs off it.

You'd probably need a transformer for it though, which would make it slightly more difficult. Where is that electrical energy coming from though? Would it be stored static, because that would run out really quickly, but given that you are exercising, maybe you'd be able to harness that to create more static. I wonder if you could use this paint in some kind of practical joke... face painting kids... oh, that got mean real quick :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually heard Triple J (radio) talking about this just before. The host was calling it metal paint, and I spent half the time screaming at the radio: IT'S FUCKING CONDUCTIVE YOU DIPSHIT!!!!!!. They suggested that the bikini clad instruments could make the next theme song for mythbusters. Sounds like a cool idea to me :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I actually heard Triple J (radio) talking about this just before. The host was calling it metal paint, and I spent half the time screaming at the radio: IT'S FUCKING CONDUCTIVE YOU DIPSHIT!!!!!!. They suggested that the bikini clad instruments could make the next theme song for mythbusters. Sounds like a cool idea to me :D

:rofl1:

At least they realized that conductive ink + scantily clad babes= prime money making opportunity.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Supposedly metal paint is rather deadly too, unless it's mercury or you're heating up iron until it melts and administering it, I fail to see how :\

Does it seep into your skin? probably not, since metal atoms are relatively large.
Does it ionize your skin? I doubt it
Maybe it suffocates the skin, I doubt that any air could get through metal paint (*inspired by gold finger*)