User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Conductive Ink

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Default Conductive Ink

So I recently heard about "Bare Conductive Ink", a skin-safe, washable conductive material. You can check out the website here: Bare Conductive

Anyway I realized this story is a few months old, and still no sign of it being used for anything other than interpretive dance and turning people into synthesizers:
    [YOUTUBE="IObPkUFq0hg"]Bare Ink Demonstration[/YOUTUBE]

What's up with that? Shouldn't we have awesome interactive technology based on this or something? :steam:

I thought it was kind of cool stuff either way.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

Is it necessary for them to wear a bikini? lol

Answer: Yes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Seems to only be good for the entertainment value since everything else I can think of can all be done with a touch screen.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Is it necessary for them to wear a bikini? lol
    Answer: Yes.
    Lol yes it helps with the conductivity :rolli:

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Seems to only be good for the entertainment value since everything else I can think of can all be done with a touch screen.
    I guess so. I was hoping they'd try to do something else with it though. It can turn the human body into the equivalent of a wire, I don't see why they couldn't build on that by incorporating other technology.

Or at least flashy lights or something...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

maybe a light that runs off of human bioelectric; that would be useful at night for jogging and biking...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

maybe a light that runs off of human bioelectric; that would be useful at night for jogging and biking...
    That's awesome, but how much energy can you get from "human bioelectricity", I googled it a bit, but didn't find anything. I'm not sure that it would actually have enough energy for light.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Looks really cool.

Bet it can cause cancer, though.

Everything causes cancer.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's awesome, but how much energy can you get from "human bioelectricity", I googled it a bit, but didn't find anything. I'm not sure that it would actually have enough energy for light.
    I forget how much we put out, but it's not a lot. If it can be stepped up the right way you might be able to power a few LEDs off it.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I forget how much we put out, but it's not a lot. If it can be stepped up the right way you might be able to power a few LEDs off it.
    You'd probably need a transformer for it though, which would make it slightly more difficult. Where is that electrical energy coming from though? Would it be stored static, because that would run out really quickly, but given that you are exercising, maybe you'd be able to harness that to create more static. I wonder if you could use this paint in some kind of practical joke... face painting kids... oh, that got mean real quick
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I actually heard Triple J (radio) talking about this just before. The host was calling it metal paint, and I spent half the time screaming at the radio: IT'S FUCKING CONDUCTIVE YOU DIPSHIT!!!!!!. They suggested that the bikini clad instruments could make the next theme song for mythbusters. Sounds like a cool idea to me
    5 3 9