User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think about becoming Borg?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to be assimilated.

1 4.00%
  • I want the enhancements, but I don't want to lose my individuality.

15 60.00%
  • Eww! No way! That's inhuman!

7 28.00%
  • Other (please explain)

2 8.00%
First 12

Thread: Becoming Borg

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Or possibly even living in a collective consciousness?
    I voted "other": Communist propaganda!

MBTI
    ISTP

Nope. The only thing I like is replacement parts for when my natural ones wear out. (or, more optimally, ways of making the human body heal/regenerate itself.)

Otherwise, I like being entirely human, genetics is interesting though. And the idea of potentially finding ways to stop things like aging. But, the concept of replacing body parts with computerized/mechanical ones or augmenting myself with them, no way.

Objection is on personal grounds, along with distrust of it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What do you think about the idea of becoming more like Borg? That is, using things like genetic engineering and technology to make improvements to ourselves. Or possibly even living in a collective consciousness?

Does it bother you simply because it isn't "natural," "comfortable," or "moral"? Or do you have any other objection? Does it sound good to you? Tell us!
    You made me afraid a bit by saying "Tell us"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What do you think about the idea of becoming more like Borg? That is, using things like genetic engineering and technology to make improvements to ourselves. Or possibly even living in a collective consciousness?

Does it bother you simply because it isn't "natural," "comfortable," or "moral"? Or do you have any other objection? Does it sound good to you? Tell us!
    I would want to become Borg, so I could undo the collective consciousness from within. "We'd never see it coming because we never suspected we'd join the collective for such a crazy reason."

I'd want them to break free and think for themselves. Go forth and do stupid things. Make mistakes. Learn to be an individual, and then they can learn what wisdom truly is. After that they could come back together if they like. A collection of individuals has much more potential effectiveness than a collective.

The final thought of the collective before they were ultimately disbanded would be. "We were Borg. We are being unassimilated. Resistance is futile. Have a nice day."
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Hm, I have a hard time picking, because I'm not against assimilation, it would be both a practical solution to a lot of human problems and being part of a collective conscious sounds very peaceful. It seems unlikely though that our society would continue progressing after that point if everyone is essentially sharing one brain.

So I'd prefer mechanical enhancements, but maybe a part-time assimilation would be more my style.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

While the collective focus of the Borg is intriguing, ultimately it's revealed that they are controlled by a queen or centralized command. So basically it's some pseudo-Communist organization with an authoritarian rule, like Soviet Russia.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4