First 5678 Last

Thread: UFOs ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there. I'm doubtful that they are visiting us, though.

By the way, this is my 666th post.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    IsTP
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Chasing the Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there.
    You are 100% sure without evidence. I call that blind faith.

Essentially it is a religious belief. The gods have departed from us because of our sins and gone to live in the sky. But now we have been up into the sky and even into orbit and we can't find the gods. Plainly they have departed from us once again, probably because we are destroying the environment. And they have gone to live on other planets. And so naturally we are bending every effort to discover them and even visit them in the future. But will they want to see such sinful creatures as us, or will they depart once again, perhaps into the heart of a black hole?
    Likes elodia liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm 100% sure that there is other life out there. I'm doubtful that they are visiting us, though.
    I'm of the same opinion.

Life is robust. Give it radiation, change it’s climate, feed it salt water- and life will eventually adapt to suit whatever you have thrown it’s way. Life has to exist on other planets because it will cling to what ever resources you give it. You just have to worry about getting it started.

By the way, this is my 666th post.
    You should have done something evil for your 666th post.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Victor, my tendency to believe in aliens has shifted substantially to the favorable side since I've met you.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Victor, my tendency to believe in aliens has shifted substantially to the favorable side since I've met you.
    hahahahahhaahhahahah!! !!!!!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Wht?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Essentially it is a religious belief. The gods have departed from us because of our sins and gone to live in the sky. But now we have been up into the sky and even into orbit and we can't find the gods. Plainly they have departed from us once again, probably because we are destroying the environment. And they have gone to live on other planets. And so naturally we are bending every effort to discover them and even visit them in the future. But will they want to see such sinful creatures as us, or will they depart once again, perhaps into the heart of a black hole?
    So call you are calling aliens blind faith? No. No.

The existence of aliens is just chance. Its the Gamblers fallacy. Just because it has a high chance of happening does not mean it is bound to happy.

I for one believe in aliens. But I am doubtful they are here.

If I was alien I would be disgusted with this planet if I found it and move on. Why would I want to come visit these creatures if there doomed and are destroying a beautiful planet. I would either leave or sit back and observe.

My conspiracy theory!: Aliens created us to watch how life develops. They used and created us as an experiment to see how life works. And they have been able to watch us because time moves differently on their planet. (this has no scientific basis what so ever )
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

- Jack Handey

Not to point out the obvious, but Victor was focussing on the 100% part. Obviously it was a figure of speech, but he has a point. Be 99.99999% sure, but unless you've seen one or have any evidence, you don't call 100% based on statistics, because that is blind faith.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Wht?

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Not to point out the obvious, but Victor was focussing on the 100% part. Obviously it was a figure of speech, but he has a point. Be 99.99999% sure, but unless you've seen one or have any evidence, you don't call 100% based on statistics, because that is blind faith.
    I am pretty sure 100% was also a figure of speech. So.....?
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

- Jack Handey