User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: UFOs ?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Aliens and UFO's?... Forget space,... Maybe they come from beneath the surface of the ocean,(Atlantis?) that theory could hold water much better then the idea of them coming from somewhere far off in outer space.

"UFO's" seemingly have a practical design for hydrodynamics as well as aerodynamics, and the typical "ET" is seen as a grey coloured being with large black eyes, almost as if they lived in an environment with very little light and oxygen, if any!...

They could be "fishmen"... In ancient Mesopotamia the Sumerians had metaphorical depictions of men wearing fish as head dressings, and just for the record, we only know about 4% of what is in our own oceans...I have enough faith to assume that the concept alone is responsible for their existence, but seeing is definitely believing.

How would one begin to determine our true purpose if ET's were real? What would be the ET's purpose in comparison to our own?

Or,... It's just the Germans screwing with all of what they call "Die dummkopfs"!

Cool thread BTW!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

On the lectures thing, what our lecturer said in our first cosmology lecture was pretty interesting, "We are like ants in some small corner of Earth looking out and guessing what the whole of Earth is like." In terms of space, we haven't got far at all. When we really stop and be honest about it, we have no idea what is out there.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think there are almost definitely technologically advanced creatures from other planets. Just statistically speaking. Could they have visited? Well, their planets and civilisations could be billions of years older than ours, plenty of time to have found ways around the obstacles currently blocking our own parth to inter-galactic travel. Scientists on Earth already have broad ideas of how to do it (go through wormholes as shortcuts, for example), they're just still working on the specifics and the resources.

For anyone keen on cutting through the multitude of probable hoaxes and positively identified sightings to the most interesting evidence and credible witnesses, I recommend the couple of documentaries made by James Fox about it. Most other documentaries I have found to be sensationalist wastes of time. Fox made me swing from a 'probably not' to a still bet-henching 'probably so'.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Humans have really big need trying to explain the things they can not. Thats why they invented gods, ufos and other supernatural bullshit.
    If space travel and/or creatures intelligent enough to figure it out are supernatural, doesn't that make humans and our own space probes and excursions supernatural? What definition are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Aliens and UFO's?... Forget space,... Maybe they come from beneath the surface of the ocean,(Atlantis?) that theory could hold water much better then the idea of them coming from somewhere far off in outer space.

"UFO's" seemingly have a practical design for hydrodynamics as well as aerodynamics, and the typical "ET" is seen as a grey coloured being with large black eyes, almost as if they lived in an environment with very little light and oxygen, if any!...

They could be "fishmen"... In ancient Mesopotamia the Sumerians had metaphorical depictions of men wearing fish as head dressings, and just for the record, we only know about 4% of what is in our own oceans...I have enough faith to assume that the concept alone is responsible for their existence, but seeing is definitely believing.

How would one begin to determine our true purpose if ET's were real? What would be the ET's purpose in comparison to our own?

Or,... It's just the Germans screwing with all of what they call "Die dummkopfs"!

Cool thread BTW!
    I'd probably hurt their feelings if they were actually from the ocean. Being from the ocean takes all the fun out of it. It'd be cool and all to know there was another equally intelligent (or higher) species on earth, but knowing that there is intelligent life in the rest of the universe is another thing entirely. Hell, even if most of the species on earth were as intelligent as us, and could communicate like us, I'd still be reminded how lonely this planet seems when compared to the size of the universe. :\

I think there is only a very small group of people who can prove the existence or nonexistence of alien visitation.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    What I saw could very well be a top secret black project but after searching the net for 4 years, it's still just theory despite the thousands of sightings of this same craft by others.
    Interesting! More detail, please?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

WHERE???!!!

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    On the other hand they might decode the messages, enjoy the Beatles, and come and abduct Paul McCartney. Going by the fact Paul McCartney is still here: either there are no aliens, the aliens didn't receive the Beatles messages, they can't get here/haven't got here yet, or they don't like the Beatles. The first and last options seem very unlikely, so I think it's one of the middle two.
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    Many of us believe we are not the only life in the universe. But what's the deal with UFOs? Are we being visited by extra terrestrial life? What is your opinion?
    Because the universe is so big and the speed of light is so slow, we will never visit nor have visitors.

No, UFOs are part of a religion for the gullible and ignorant.

We don't have to look very far for the gullible and ignorant, for UFOs are no more spaceships than MBTI is a personality test.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I have just googled for 20 minutes but I can't remember the guy's name.
    But he is Russian and he hypothesizes that using evolution projections
    Humans will eventually look a lot like Grey Aliens. He then asks who would be most interested in Humans? He goes on to explain that humans have always studied humanity and human history.
    He then drops the theory that aliens are actually humans from the far away future.

I found his theory fascinating.. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    I found his theory fascinating.. Don't you?
    I find unicorns fascinating too.