123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Theory of Teleportation: A Theory of Movement

I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
    It should work if you zoom in to ? accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-?.

But what if there is a certain point that ? ? where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
    As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
    I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.

MBTI
    IsTP

I'll bite. I'm not completely up to speed on the subtleties of quantum mechanics, but is what you're describing related to quantum tunneling? (I'm doubting this as you speaking about matter being reverted to energy and then back to it's original state)

I'm partial to string theory after reading "An Elegant Universe" (I strongly suggest giving it a look if you're into this sort of thing) I'm more inclined to believe matter isn't built off point-based particles...
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
    It should work if you zoom in to ? accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-?.

But what if there is a certain point that ? ? where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
    As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
    I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.
    Because of the bolded, I'm assuming you subscribe to String Theory. However, are you talking about instantaneous [FTL?] teleportation, or are you obeying general relatively sub-light laws?

Teleportation of I think photons has been done already. Has to do with entanglement.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Photons have been done at Caltech, and recently, info stored in a laser beam has been teleported into an atom cloud in Denmark, but I'm sure you guys already know this. I'm just not certain that it wasn't replication. Heisenberg has a point.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I'll bite. I'm not completely up to speed on the subtleties of quantum mechanics, but is what you're describing related to quantum tunneling? (I'm doubting this as you speaking about matter being reverted to energy and then back to it's original state)

I'm partial to string theory after reading "An Elegant Universe" (I strongly suggest giving it a look if you're into this sort of thing) I'm more inclined to believe matter isn't built off point-based particles...
    It is not related to quantum tunneling. I am just trying to find the ultimate source for movement.

I am fully aware of the the string theory and yes, point based particles is probably not what matter in built off on. But again, this is doesn't go against my theory.
    The string vibrates which means it's moving. If we zoom into a section of the 'string' how would that section move to the next point.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Because of the bolded, I'm assuming you subscribe to String Theory. However, are you talking about instantaneous [FTL?] teleportation, or are you obeying general relatively sub-light laws?

Teleportation of I think photons has been done already. Has to do with entanglement.
    What I'm trying to do is use mainstream physics do determine that if you zoom in to ? accuracy matter teleports and whether or not it works when zoom in accuracy ??. I'm not yet coming to deductions on how they teleport which as you stated could be FTL or otherwise.
    Yes photon teleportation has been done already but it wasn't the photon itself that was teleported. It was the information. What I'm trying to figure out is the basis of movement. How does the strings physically move? If you see it deep down how would movement work?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It is not related to quantum tunneling. I am just trying to find the ultimate source for movement.

I am fully aware of the the string theory and yes, point based particles is probably not what matter in built off on. But again, this is doesn't go against my theory.
    The string vibrates which means it's moving. If we zoom into a section of the 'string' how would that section move to the next point.

What I'm trying to do is use mainstream physics do determine that if you zoom in to ? accuracy matter teleports and whether or not it works when zoom in accuracy ??. I'm not yet coming to deductions on how they teleport which as you stated could be FTL or otherwise.
    Yes photon teleportation has been done already but it wasn't the photon itself that was teleported. It was the information. What I'm trying to figure out is the basis of movement. How does the strings physically move? If you see it deep down how would movement work?
    Hmmm, according to scientist, from my understanding, string vibrates and depending on the frequency is what determines its characterestics. I'm guessing that the reason photon has the habbit of jumping around and appearing everywhere is because of the strings (which what its made of) slipping in and out of dimentions.

Strings could have a differently law then photon as well. Since the general census is that general relativity fails at predicting quantum phenomenon. At the same time, we don't have the equipment to look into objects the size of a quanta, and strings are even smaller!! For all we know, there might be another fundamental force governing things at that level.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Photons have been done at Caltech, and recently, info stored in a laser beam has been teleported into an atom cloud in Denmark, but I'm sure you guys already know this. I'm just not certain that it wasn't replication. Heisenberg has a point.
    I don't think the OP is talking about this, but I've heard about these things and am quite excited to see what comes of it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I don't think the OP is talking about this, but I've heard about these things and am quite excited to see what comes of it.
    So, what do you think he's talking about?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    So, what do you think he's talking about?
    The actual partical is moving (blinking out then back in), not being replicated on the other end which is what happens in quantum entanglement.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yeah well, the whole thing is about the structure of space time, wether discret or not. That's kind of a basic thought one has when thinking about movement and time. I mean, the planck scale was probably the first exercice going toward that logically speaking

But there's no data.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE