User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The prefix, "tele", gives them away. They actually exist and we take them for granted. But we much prefer a non existent superstition.

Why are superstitions like astrology, MBTI and teleportation so popular? The reality seems to me far more interesting than the superstition.
    I'm just sitting here cruising along reading this thread, and then this jumps out at me and I can't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I've come up with a theory that may prove teleportation. It's a basis of movement.
    It should work if you zoom in to ? accuracy. The particles would move by teleporting from one space to the next. I understand that you could add volume where it would be 1*10^-?.

But what if there is a certain point that ? ? where the particles teleport from one space to the next.
    As some of us know, atoms are made of hadrons which are made of quarks which should be made of energy. Now what if the energy particles or what they consist of (maybe dimensions) move from a space to another space by teleportation.

If the theory is correct then the particles would not be of a spherical shape but a shape in which they can only teleport without leaving spaces in between. example: cube or cuboid.
    I still haven't figured the whole thing out yet but any help would be appreciated.
    Velocity is important, but eventually you will disappear. When are you going to post the theory?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    NICE

The only relevant consideration with teleportation is not the physical one.

Cool Thought Experiments II: Ship Of Theseus

MaybeLogic is of course correct.

Tis a well known fact for those who know it well infinity was invented to fiddle equations and perplex us mere mortal slipper wearers. Most likely its conception came about from pub lunch tomfoolery; by a bunch of boffins with little better to do than create mischief, verily.

Infinity cannot exist in any form, or there be basically no room for anything else in this universe (save the infinite thingie) certainly no room for the kittys two to hog more than there fair share of my bed.

Le grande muffin quantum tunnels to his muffin cupboard to plot his muffin ? theorem of the great darkening and much smiling.
    I asked it once, "What are you doing on Earth?" It said, "Listen, if you're a mushroom, you live cheap; besides, I'm telling you, this was a very nice neighborhood until the monkeys got out of control."

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grande Muffin View Post
    Infinity cannot exist in any form, or there be basically no room for anything else in this universe (save the infinite thingie) certainly no room for the kittys two to hog more than there fair share of my bed.
    That rather depends. In maths infinity in commonly used in, for example, calculus, set theory and fractals. As maths is theoretical, so the use of ? is perfectly valid as a thoretical concept. Then again, because I am an INTJ in MBTI theory does not necessarily entail a universal truthfulness, per se, regarding the term INTJ. (But then again there's theories and there's theories.)

Let me illustrate. Say you wanted to accomodate an infinite number of pussies in your bed comfortably... You have a scheme where each pussy has a little bed; as soon as a new pussy arrives, all the pussies move one along. Providing you add a bed every time a new pussy arrives, you have a countably infinite number of beds (and pussies). Aren't you a lucky boy.

In cartography, you may be asked to measure a coastline of, say, the UK. If you want, you can use the idea of the perimeter of a snowflake, to illustrate what happens as you enlarge the scale of your map from 1:50,000, 1:25,000, 1:10,000 and so on until you pass 1:1...

You might eventually conclude that you have been given an impossible task as infinity is not countable, unlike your home, which has a countably infinite number of little beds, each with a purring cat.

In other words the term is open to equivocation.

Meaow.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It should work if you zoom in to ? accuracy.
    I'm still stuck on this. What does zooming in have to do with anything.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ I'm trying to give you an idea of visually being able to see what happens at the deepest level. It's no mathematical equation.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Here is my favorite teleportation method:

Here is another method for a mythical super civilization:

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post