User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

A mini ice age is fine with me as long as it means less exotic spiders... so scared of those things! Although I think that there is a certain amount of hype I do think that Global warming is a fact... I mean our planet has never been through the type of pollution that it is now seeing and we have never had the ozone layer changes that we have now. It is bound to take an effect on our climate. I'm not saying that evolution of the planet and species won't rectify it but I do think it will take an effect
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I've heard up to 25% of man-made greenhouse gas emissions stem from deforestation. But fossil fuel burning is probably responsible for most of the rest.
    25% of man-made greenhouse gas emissions stem from deforestation? Does the CO2 just shoot out of trees when we cut em' down? But seriously I see what you mean. If I were you I'd be less concerned about all the pretty trees in Brazil getting cut down and more concerned for the ocean, where most the world's oxygen comes from.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

deforestation isn't destroying the atmosphere... it's facilitating desertification and algae bloom...

But global warming isn't just the weather... and the die is loaded.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

A surprising number of people here are using their brains and critical thinking abilities to ask the question, "Doesn't the earth warm and cool ALL THE TIME SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME?" Equally surprising considering probably half of you completely bought the entire premise of global warming espoused by every environmental activist and political puppet over the years for whatever de-evolutionary reasons would lead you to think such ridiculous things. Rest assured, when most of these global warming myths and lies have finally been buried in Hades where they belong, only a tiny fraction of those who think in the same way I have now implicated some of you of thinking will have learned from their mistakes and eliminated the virus in their cognitive processing that allows them to "think" (if you can call it that) with such little regard for reality or logic. No, if most human beings could accomplish such a feat, this world we currently live in would be simply unrecognizably superior in every way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    A surprising number of people here are using their brains and critical thinking abilities to ask the question, "Doesn't the earth warm and cool ALL THE TIME SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME?" Equally surprising considering probably half of you completely bought the entire premise of global warming espoused by every environmental activist and political puppet over the years for whatever de-evolutionary reasons would lead you to think such ridiculous things. Rest assured, when most of these global warming myths and lies have finally been buried in Hades where they belong, only a tiny fraction of those who think in the same way I have now implicated some of you of thinking will have learned from their mistakes and eliminated the virus in their cognitive processing that allows them to "think" (if you can call it that) with such little regard for reality or logic. No, if most human beings could accomplish such a feat, this world we currently live in would be simply unrecognizably superior in every way.
    Translation: I am glad a lot of people here think like me, because I am smart and logical, therefore they are smart too; those who disagree with me are stupid.

I ask in retort: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE YOU DON'T THINK THE NAYSAYERS WITH THEIR COUNTER-EVIDENCE ARE NOT ALSO POLITICALLY DRIVEN.

The argument for global warming was never whether it existed or not, but how much is man contributing to enhanced global warming. Whatever we'll find out in 2012.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    Translation: I am glad a lot of people here think like me, because I am smart and logical, therefore they are smart too; those who disagree with me are stupid.

I ask in retort: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE YOU DON'T THINK THE NAYSAYERS WITH THEIR COUNTER-EVIDENCE ARE NOT ALSO POLITICALLY DRIVEN.
    One side of the argument has a grip on reality and common sense, the other doesn't. Nothing more to say.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

What is reliable and what is not reliable?

Climate change controversies: a simple guide
    Compliments from ygolo's diligent searches.

Let's just say most scientists believe global warming is happening and is at least partly influenced by human occupation.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm less concerned about global warming as I am about the general destruction of our environment/ecosystems. The more I travel the smaller the world seems and the more I realise we are living in a tiny fishbowl, with no one to come around and change the dirty water.
    That is more or less my position on the matter. I'm concerned about what will happen when there are so many people that there's just not enough water to quench their thirst. Or when there's so many people, there's no longer room to grow food or when all the species of animals we don't eat/use die away because we need more space for humans/food. Or when the planet is covered in cities and suburbs and land for farming and forests are but memories while trees remain as things you grow in your yard sometimes. And all else in between is an arid waste because it has been mowed down, chopped up, and all the nutrients and water leeched right out of the soil. (I feel paranoid now just thinking about this stuff!)

Nevertheless, strange things have been happening to the climate since I was a child. More storms and unpredictable weather. Animals are migrating and behaving in new and strange ways. Temperatures seem to be oscilating all year round in ways that don't quite make sense.

Strange stuff. I keep a suspicious eye on it. I don't think the end of the world is nigh, but it a gasket somewhere feels like it's ready to blow.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    "Doesn't the earth warm and cool ALL THE TIME SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME?"
    Keen observation, however...

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    There are natural cycles of warming and cooling, but starting during the Industrial Revolution, the increase in CO2 emissions have taken us off that natural cycle. It's called the greenhouse effect.

This graph illustrates it well.