User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

11/12
    I wasn't sure about the heart attack business, but well, it made sense.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Banned

11/12

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    And Hap... You might learn most of that stuff in school, depending on how old you are, and how much they have lowered the bar in your classes.

After all, everyone is a winner, even the losers.
    Not really. If I had been in biology the year they found ice on Mars, we wouldn't have discussed it. We never discussed the effect of aspirin as a blood thinner wouldn't have been discussed in a biology class or even a health class probably because most kids are "too young" to get it. Most of these things I have never heard of from school (except for maybe the question about lasers); pretty much everything on here I had learned from watching the news and commercials. Of course, the amount of "research" needed to know these are very minimal because they are usually announced and you could get them by just, well, paying attention, but they are definitely not things you would have learned in school.

Questions based on things you would have learned at school: "which is hotter, a metal heated up to a red glow or the same metal heated up to a blue glow?" "What organs does the endocrine system include?" "What elements does NH4 include?" etc.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    xxxx

Late comment, I'm aware.

By "basic level," this test essentially means "science news."
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    A more naive me would have been shocked that everyone didn't know the answers to these basic questions.
    Why? The questions may be basic but they aren't of interest to everyone.

I got 10/12. I really don't care how lasers work, I prolly should know and understand what anitbiotics don't do but it's really not of interest, I'm more concerned about the effects that any specific antibiotic I take may have. A bunch of others that have no impact on me were best-guesses that turned out right.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Got them all. It is really sad that people got only ten or less correct.
    Please, superiority complex much? What's to be sad about? I got 'only 10 or less correct', I'm not stupid and am pleased to say I've not once stabbed myself in the thigh trying to figure out how a sharp object might hurt me. It's great that people are getting 12/12 but not doing so is not an indication of stupidity or lack of intellect.

Kyrielle stated it well:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    12/12 Those weren't too hard, but I could see how the average person wouldn't know about these things without being interested in them first. I would have thought "basic" science questions would be more related to the main laws of Newtonian physics, limited chemistry, limited biology, and a little bit of "earth science". The sorts of things people should know about how the world works on a very basic level so that they could survive just fine on a day-to-day basis.

I would not expect the average person to know what stem cells can do, how lasers work, or how big an electron is. These are things that are interesting to know, but will not make or break your understanding of the world. That a person knows that atoms exist and they are extremely small, that cells make up your body and can be damaged, and that lasers can damage your eyes because they are very bright is good enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yeh, the fact they are physics does not make them difficult. People must just see physics questions and panic. Anyone who went to school could probably answer the second one quite easily (it's like asking is a door smaller than a house). And anyone who has ever seen a laser would guess that the bright silent beam that comes out of it is not sound.
    Have I stated that because they were physics based, they would be hard?
    Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you did. It was just a general statement, elaborating on your observation.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

10/12. I approve. More questions would prove amusing, in my opinion.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

The internets say I'm a science whiz!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

12/12

im a genius =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

oh, dear gawd... I got 12 out of 12, I must not have a life.