User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 162

Thread: Nikola Tesla

  1. #41
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    it's not uncommon. i'm just saying that he doesn't really fit any of the stereotypes.
    And I am saying that you are wrong. I believe him to be an ENTP. I can see why someone would also say INTJ. Either way, he had a dominant intuitive function, in my eyes. I say ENTP because it seems as if his aux is Ti, rather than Te.

  2. #42
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    no one who has ever known me would describe me as a person who 'doesn't get things done'. if anything, they move out of the way if i even hint at doing something.
    Holy shit, girl - it's so wrong (and almost insulting) how this line of thinking is going. I love how people see ENTPs as the silly clown of the NTs...

  3. #43
    Junior Member teleforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And I am saying that you are wrong. I believe him to be an ENTP. I can see why someone would also say INTJ. Either way, he had a dominant intuitive function, in my eyes. I say ENTP because it seems as if his aux is Ti, rather than Te.
    it's only speculation. i didn't make a claim on any type, really, and i'm not claiming to be right.

  4. #44
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    no one who has ever known me would describe me as a person who 'doesn't get things done'. if anything, they move out of the way if i even hint at doing something.
    That's because objects tend to explode, break, pop, etc, when an ENTP comes around

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I love how people see ENTPs as the silly clown of the NTs...
    Eh? ENTP = pinnacle of NTdom, IMO.

  5. #45
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    it's only speculation. i didn't make a claim on any type, really, and i'm not claiming to be right.
    I understand that and don't mean to be caustic. I just took issue with the broad statement, but it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, this type of arguing accomplishes nothing, and he's dead anyway...

  6. #46
    Junior Member teleforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I understand that and don't mean to be caustic. I just took issue with the broad statement, but it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, this type of arguing accomplishes nothing, and he's dead anyway...
    fair enough. i saw this as a discussion, not an argument. i needed a place to put my mental vomit.

  7. #47
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    As much as you believe I am stereotyping INTJs, you are probably doing the same for ENTPs - but with much less knowledge on the subject.

    I'm sorry but I can't imagine going through and explaining every single ENTP behavior and linking it to Tesla, it's just not that important to me, to be honest. But I will say this, that our extroverted function is still a perceiving function, not a judging one. Which means that we energize by absorbing information. This may or may not have anything to do with people. ENTPs are not always extroverted in the 'outgoing' sense of the word, but rather in the 'need external stimuli' sense.

    Those that know me from work would definitely call me an introvert although I am quite extroverted in the MBTI sense.
    I really don't think I stereotyped the entp, in fact I admitted that I don't know much about you guys, and why, the only entp I can think of right now is Jim Carrey. I can see how much you want Tesla to be an entp so whatever hes an entp then.

  8. #48
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I understand that and don't mean to be caustic. I just took issue with the broad statement, but it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day, this type of arguing accomplishes nothing, and he's dead anyway...
    quitter.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  9. #49
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    quitter.
    I've only quit the debate, emotions are arising and irrationalities too as a result.

    My personal belief remains the same.


    and btw I don't quit on things that have significance. like I said you can believe what you want, so it's not significant to me to have you believe that Tesla is an intj.

  10. #50
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I really don't think I stereotyped the entp, in fact I admitted that I don't know much about you guys, and why, the only entp I can think of right now is Jim Carrey. I can see how much you want Tesla to be an entp so whatever hes an entp then.
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? If you know nothing about ENTPs, then why would you assume anyone is or isn't one? By saying comments like "only an INTJ can have that much originality and confidence in his visions" is a stereotypical remark. The fact that you are on a typing site means that you are stereotyping.

    Other famous ENTPs include Machiavelli, Da Vinci, Hume, Foucault, Russel, Camile Paglia, Raymond Kurzweil, Benjamin Franklin and Oscar Wilde. It is believed that Socrates was one, as well - though some say INTP. A fictional character is Dr. Who.

    Why are your emotions and irrationalities rising? Calm down, it's just stereotyping.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Nikola Tesla?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. Why Didn't Tesla Think Of This?
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
  3. Tesla's New Millenium: Who deserves the honor...
    By teslashock in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM
  4. Tesla is electric!
    By teslashock in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO