Thread: Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.
    Edison? I think ENTP. Very much so.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.

that's all well and good, but where's edison's quote describing the same situation.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

it's hard to tell with tesla because he seemed to have pretty well developed P and J. he was endlessly inventive, yet had strong vision and the ability to follow through.

he wasn't very social, but has been described as "charming" at social events. no matter what his type was, it seems he was pretty balanced in terms of P and J at least (which would influence the other functions).

apparently, he also greatly appreciated art and wrote poetry.

basically he's a freak and possibly transcends MBTI theory. i'd put my money on NT for sure, but i still stick with my original opinion that he could've been any of the NTs but ENTJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Edison? I think ENTP. Very much so.
    So an ENTP would offer $50,000 for a facility repair job and upon completion tell you that it was a joke? It was some American humor that the worker didn't understand? I see....

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

In what experiment did he use himself as a test subject?

Can you clarify your answers I'd like some examples and explanations.

INTJ's can be risk takers, I've gone 150+ mph in my car for fun, I've gotten into alot of fist fights, I've jumped rooftops with my best friend who's an esfp, and I practice front flips on the cement blah blah some other stuff I shouldn't mention. Maybe you are stereotyping the intj a bit.

Also I don't think I know enough about ENTPs, I don't think I know any in RL. If I had a better understanding of them maybe I would link some of Tesla's behaviors to theirs.

I'm almost certain he was introverted though, arn't you entps more outgoing?

Tesla was rather private and non social with a small circle of friends as introverts usually do.

"Nikola Tesla's private life is still an enigma. Being a loner, a bachelor, working alone, not entering into corporate associations and not mixing friends - his personal life was obscure to outsiders. His close friends were Robert Underwood Johnson, poet and editor of Century Magazine and his wife Katharine. Johnson's home on Lexington Avenue, Manhattan, New York City during the 1890s was the place where Nikola Tesla met many of his friends."

As much as you believe I am stereotyping INTJs, you are probably doing the same for ENTPs - but with much less knowledge on the subject.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine going through and explaining every single ENTP behavior and linking it to Tesla, it's just not that important to me, to be honest. But I will say this, that our extroverted function is still a perceiving function, not a judging one. Which means that we energize by absorbing information. This may or may not have anything to do with people. ENTPs are not always extroverted in the 'outgoing' sense of the word, but rather in the 'need external stimuli' sense.

Those that know me from work would definitely call me an introvert although I am quite extroverted in the MBTI sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

So an ENTP would offer $50,000 for a facility repair job and upon completion tell you that it was a joke?
    Ummm...yeah, actually. That seems exactly like something an ENTP would do. With a straight face. Just for the lulz

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post
    it's hard to tell with tesla because he seemed to have pretty well developed P and J. he was endlessly inventive, yet had strong vision and the ability to follow through.

he wasn't very social, but has been described as "charming" at social events. no matter what his type was, it seems he was pretty balanced in terms of P and J at least (which would influence the other functions).

basically he's a freak and possibly transcends MBTI theory. i'd put my money on NT for sure, but i still stick with my original opinion that he could've been any of the NTs but ENTJ.
    I'm the same, usually 1% towards J. And I already mentioned that he might not of been human..lol....well not quite literally. I also enjoy art, not so much poetry. But my enjoyment of art usually was just sitting down watching japanese anime.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by teleforce View Post

He's not a freak. You've describe me exactly. What makes you think that perceivers can't follow through? If that were the case, I would spend my days in a library reading and my nights in a homeless shelter...

And is it so uncommon to appreciate art?? :rolli:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    He's not a freak. You've describe me exactly. What makes you think that perceivers can't follow through? If that were the case, I would spend my days in a library reading and my nights in a homeless shelter...

And is it so uncommon to appreciate art?? :rolli:
    it's not uncommon. i'm just saying that he doesn't really fit any of the stereotypes.

and he was still a freak. maybe by "freak" i mean "genius".

perceivers can follow through, but what strikes me about tesla is that he had the inventiveness commonly associated with NTPs plus the follow-through associated with Js.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

no one who has ever known me would describe me as a person who 'doesn't get things done'. if anything, they move out of the way if i even hint at doing something.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery