User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    this logic is too poor for me to debate it.
    It was just a question. Care to answer it?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    It was just a question. Care to answer it?
    Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.
    Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?
    Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
    "The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Tesla is an ENTP fo' sure.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

lol. i saw this topic over at INTJf once, and most of the INTJs were claiming tesla was an INTJ too.

i can't pin down tesla, but i'd say he could be any of the NTs except ENTJ. NTP is a good bet.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
    "The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"
    In what experiment did he use himself as a test subject?

Can you clarify your answers I'd like some examples and explanations.

INTJ's can be risk takers, I've gone 150+ mph in my car for fun, I've gotten into alot of fist fights, I've jumped rooftops with my best friend who's an esfp, and I practice front flips on the cement blah blah some other stuff I shouldn't mention. Maybe you are stereotyping the intj a bit.

Also I don't think I know enough about ENTPs, I don't think I know any in RL. If I had a better understanding of them maybe I would link some of Tesla's behaviors to theirs.

I'm almost certain he was introverted though, arn't you entps more outgoing?

Tesla was rather private and non social with a small circle of friends as introverts usually do.

"Nikola Tesla's private life is still an enigma. Being a loner, a bachelor, working alone, not entering into corporate associations and not mixing friends - his personal life was obscure to outsiders. His close friends were Robert Underwood Johnson, poet and editor of Century Magazine and his wife Katharine. Johnson's home on Lexington Avenue, Manhattan, New York City during the 1890s was the place where Nikola Tesla met many of his friends."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.
    I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.
    Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.