User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 162

Thread: Nikola Tesla

  1. #21
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    this logic is too poor for me to debate it.
    It was just a question. Care to answer it?

  2. #22
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    It was just a question. Care to answer it?
    Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.

  3. #23
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Any person can be single or married. A lot of ENTPs (like me) swear in being free for the rest of my natural life. Others prefer a partner to bounce ideas off of. People's preferences are more than just a summation of their MBTI type.
    Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

    Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?

  4. #24
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Well I see your point, of course it's possible, but my point was how his behavior towards women/relationships was very typical INTJ. I guess I shoulda just said it like that. But according to what you say entps/anytype could swear celibecy too. Who knows, it's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours too if it's different.

    Other than this do you see a different perspective on the other things I have said?
    Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

    I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

    And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
    "The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"

  5. #25
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  6. #26
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Tesla is an ENTP fo' sure.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Junior Member teleforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    26

    Default

    lol. i saw this topic over at INTJf once, and most of the INTJs were claiming tesla was an INTJ too.

    i can't pin down tesla, but i'd say he could be any of the NTs except ENTJ. NTP is a good bet.

  8. #28
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Maybe not celibacy, but I dislike ownership of other human beings.

    I really believe Tesla to be an ENTP. I think he took way too many risks to be considered an INTJ. It's not only INTJs that can tear down ideas that don't seem practical. But I can't imagine an INTJ using him/herself as a test subject, like he did.

    And these kind of analogies seem similar to a dominant Ne thought process:
    "The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king"
    In what experiment did he use himself as a test subject?

    Can you clarify your answers I'd like some examples and explanations.

    INTJ's can be risk takers, I've gone 150+ mph in my car for fun, I've gotten into alot of fist fights, I've jumped rooftops with my best friend who's an esfp, and I practice front flips on the cement blah blah some other stuff I shouldn't mention. Maybe you are stereotyping the intj a bit.

    Also I don't think I know enough about ENTPs, I don't think I know any in RL. If I had a better understanding of them maybe I would link some of Tesla's behaviors to theirs.

    I'm almost certain he was introverted though, arn't you entps more outgoing?

    Tesla was rather private and non social with a small circle of friends as introverts usually do.

    "Nikola Tesla's private life is still an enigma. Being a loner, a bachelor, working alone, not entering into corporate associations and not mixing friends - his personal life was obscure to outsiders. His close friends were Robert Underwood Johnson, poet and editor of Century Magazine and his wife Katharine. Johnson's home on Lexington Avenue, Manhattan, New York City during the 1890s was the place where Nikola Tesla met many of his friends."

  9. #29
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I Tesla is really cool, and his story is extremely interesting. I always pictured him as an INTJ though and Edison an ENTP. It's a matter of quality vs quantity. Tesla's work had amazing quality. Edison's work was of amazing quantity.
    I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.

  10. #30
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I agree. Tesla definitely strikes me more as INTJ.
    Actually one of Tesla's quotes gave me a clue that Edison was a Sensor. He talks about a needle in a haystack and how Edison would look through each and every inch(step by step), and how he(telsa) would do it differently by using a little theory first and saving himself most of the labor.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Nikola Tesla?
    By RaptorWizard in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
  2. Why Didn't Tesla Think Of This?
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
  3. Tesla's New Millenium: Who deserves the honor...
    By teslashock in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM
  4. Tesla is electric!
    By teslashock in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO