Thread: Nikola Tesla

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

So fellas what type was Nikola Tesla? I think he was most likely either an INTP, ENTP, INTJ, or an ISTP, but INTP seems more likely because he was a deep thinker who prized wisdom and cared nothing for practicality, proven when Tesla said:
    I am credited with being one of the hardest workers and perhaps I am, if thought is the equivalent of labour, for I have devoted to it almost all of my waking hours. But if work is interpreted to be a definite performance in a specified time according to a rigid rule, then I may be the worst of idlers. Every effort under compulsion demands a sacrifice of life-energy. I never paid such a price. On the contrary, I have thrived on my thoughts.
    Nikola Tesla

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

http://mbtitruths.blogspot.com/2010/...rsonality.html

Tesla is labeled as INTP on the above website.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

http://www.zero-pointrecovery.com/ni...nikola-tesla-1

The above website describes Tesla as the Ultimate INTJ... funny how Keirsey thinks he is ENTP lol. Of course, think king of "Inventors" has to be an inventor!

Anew Leaf

I care not for what type he was for I would have his babies regardless.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? If you know nothing about ENTPs, then why would you assume anyone is or isn't one? By saying comments like "only an INTJ can have that much originality and confidence in his visions" is a stereotypical remark. The fact that you are on a typing site means that you are stereotyping.

Other famous ENTPs include Machiavelli, Da Vinci, Hume, Foucault, Russel, Camile Paglia, Raymond Kurzweil, Benjamin Franklin and Oscar Wilde. It is believed that Socrates was one, as well - though some say INTP. A fictional character is Dr. Who.

Why are your emotions and irrationalities rising? Calm down, it's just stereotyping.
    On the below forum, cases are also made for da Vinci being an ITP:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...istp-intp.html

As for Tesla, I would say that he is God and completely annihilates the MBTI. He is an INTP with ENTP inventiveness and INTJ vision.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Sorry to pump the brakes on this shitshow parade, but can someone link me to an actual free energy device that works?

Thanks.
    http://thealienportal.com/free-electricity

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't want one. I just want to read about how it works.

EDIT:: Never mind. I had a different interpretation of free energy.
    bhfdkdshaf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Someone on Youtube named Thagirion9 sent me a message explaining why they though Tesla is INTJ. Here it is:

Tesla is without a doubt an INTJ. Very introvereted. He prefered the company of pigeons to people. That's something I can relate to very well. The fact his best friend was a white pigeon says a lot. I had a wonderful white pigeon hehe. He was intuitive. Those "visions" are proof of deep intuition. Though he wasn't always correct as the funny accident with the earthquake machine. NT's a bit absent minded especially the introverted ones. He was a rational and a thinking type making most of his decisions based on logic and not emotions. And he was a Judger. He actually made inventions and took action. He spoke his mind. INTP's are non confrontational. INTJ's are confrontational. This is because of the Ti for INTP and Te for INTJ difference. Einstein as INTP never invented anything. He never left a product but he made theories that J's could act on. Lastly INTJ's are prone to disorders like obsesive compulsive which Tesla clearly was being afraid of germs and having other wierd habits like being grossed out by pearls. INTJ's can also be prone to substance abuse, but lukily Tesla was not as far as I know.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I copied and pasted this from the below personality cafe forum:
    http://personalitycafe.com/guess-typ...ola-tesla.html

Principally because of the notoriously scattershot Dr. David Keirsey. In his typology, ENTP is the "inventor", and it probably would look ungainly for the king of inventors to be tagged as anything else. As a matter of fact, his son concedes that under MBTI typology, Tesla would come out as an INTP. Real Idea Men | Please Understand Me

That said, I don't get the INTJ arguments for him, either. Is it because of the first two letters of his first and last names? The Ni is defensible, but what evidence is there of Te?!?!

With the possible exceptions of DaVinci and Einstein, no one springs to mind quicker when Ti-dominance comes up as a topic of discussion. Unlike his pal Edison and others whose inventorial methods resembled little more than blindfoldedly throwing darts and hoping for a bullseye, Tesla was more wont to do all the nitty-gritty in his head. Didn't hurt that he was a math whiz, but still.

Oh, and what self-respecting ENTP would be celibate by choice? If you're a believer in the snowflake theory and that an Ne>Ti>Si>Fe strain of ENTP exists, then maybe...

Te would be his focus on the external world with basically every logical application he made. I don't know for sure, but I think a decent argument can be made for this. I seem to recall reading that he often had weird, prophetic-type visions and took them seriously, which would make sense if he were an Ni dominant. Isaac Newton was a bit like this as well, and he was most clearly an INTJ - dominant Ni can be super eccentric to the outside world, not gonna lie. There's a reason that Jung pointed out that they tend to comprise spiritual cranks and mystics to an extent.

He is usually typed as an ENTP.I was wondering why ENTP and not INTJ?
    I can see how he could have been NT and N dominant but i couldn't decide between ENTP and INTJ.

What do you think and which aspect of his personality make a difference?

Yeah, I always thought of him as an INTJ (super weird, albeit genius Ni dom who pretty much went insane by the end of his life) - I think the only reason he's typed as an ENTP has to do with "the inventor" stereotypes (which is not objective typology) and the fact that people seem to love typing super eccentric people as ENTPs based on excessive stereotypes. Otherwise, from what I've read about Tesla, he was noted to be a "classic introvert."

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I know everyone thinks Tesla is either INTJ, INTP, or ENTP, but here Tesla looks a lot like ENTJ Grand Moff Tarkin!