User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

I started his autobiography last night. I got 23 dense and scattered pages in before calling it a night. I'd call him an INTJ with mild Paranoid Schizophrenia. He's more interested in machines and objective facts than people, so he's most probably a T. He was practically phobic of people, so that puts him as an I. The way he describes his inventing process is not actually very detail-oriented. He gets the concept first and then the details fill themselves in.

It's a really interesting, if difficult to follow piece. He wasn't as great at writing as he was at science.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

silly reptiles, mbti is just another game of role-playing. Jung believed that people have more than one personality type, y didn't those uneducated womin read more jung??? with exception of introversion and extroversion, the dichotomies are fallacious. lol.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Banned

I thought it was funny that his "conditions" began to set in later in life, after one interesting experiment: he would keep getting shocked no matter what shielding he put between himself and his electric generator. I wonder how much damage he caused to himself and his impact on the world by participating in some failed experiment.

In essence, Tesla’s global power grid was designed to “pump” the planet with electricity which would intermingle with the natural telluric currents that move throughout the Earth’s crust and oceans. At the same time, towers like the one at Wardenclyffe would fling columns of raw energy skyward into the electricity-friendly ionosphere fifty miles up. To tap into this energy conduit, customers’ homes would be equipped with a buried ground connection and a relatively small spherical antenna on the roof, thereby creating a low-resistance path to close the giant Earth-ionosphere circuit. Oceangoing ships could use a similar antenna to draw power from the network while at sea. In addition to electricity, these currents could carry information over great distances by bundling radio-frequency energy along with the power, much like the modern technology to send high-speed Internet data over power lines.
    He wanted to make the world a series of networked Tesla Coils. I'd love to see something like that.

LMAO

I don't see anything wrong with at least saying he was Ne-dominant. But I just don't really care either. So whatever.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    He wanted to make the world a series of networked Tesla Coils. I'd love to see something like that.

LMAO

I don't see anything wrong with at least saying he was Ne-dominant. But I just don't really care either. So whatever.
    Wireless power anywhere on the globe with no batteries sounds awesome. A little impractical but totally worth it. People actually are using that on a much smaller scale. I think they're called Power Pads or something and the maximum range on the experimental ones was something like 80 feet last time I checked.

The image alone is worth whatever it takes to make this a reality.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    The way he describes his inventing process is not actually very detail-oriented. He gets the concept first and then the details fill themselves in. It's a really interesting, if difficult to follow piece. He wasn't as great at writing as he was at science.
    Yup he's an INTJ. Thems people see the big picture first with a start, a process and an outcome. Details shmetails! INTJs, despite how logical and cold they are to others, in their mind it’s all smiley suns, cookies and helper robots, I know from experience.

A good example is me and this engineer guy I know I come with something crazy and I tell him about it. Its up to him to figure out how it works. That's the problem with innovation today, the best solution is one no one has thought of, yet they hire people who are masters at existing things.

I'm going BOLD here and saying that Math although good at the details will never nearly come close to inspiration then the imagination of a person.

"This world needs a better class of crazy... and I'm gonna give it to'em!"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

First off, Nikola Tesla was screwed over by Marconi, who went on to receive the Nobel Prize that should have gone to Tesla. Second, I think Tesla was ISTJ. Edison and Marconi, ESTJ. I don't know about Einstein, but from the accounts of his behavior (without taking into account his intellectual accomplishments, which is a pretty poor way of typing unless you really want to confirm bias against S types), he sounds like he was some sort of ISxP.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of famous intellectuals that I legitimately do think are NTs or other Ns (such as Bertrand Russell - INTP, John Logie Baird - INTJ, Richard Rorty - INTJ, Hannah Arendt - INFP, or Chomsky - INTP, and the list goes on...), but there is no reason to think that ALL of them are, and factors quite apart from their accomplishments and a tendency to type anyone "smart" as N must be taken into account in order to venture a guess at type.

Also, never underestimate the ability of ESTJs to rise to power and influence, in any field.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

tesla=ESTP (@Halla)

Because he's right: typing anyone other than yourself is a fool's game, Hell, typology is just silly, really.

just be, people. BE. Let the river flow, yo.

Only pseudogenii have MBTI types. Please don't type Tesla.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?
    Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.
    Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in nature? Can he harness her inexhaustible energies to perform all their functions at his bidding? more still cause them to operate simply by the force of his will?
    If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural. At his command, with but a slight effort on his part, old worlds would disappear and new ones of his planning would spring into being. He could fix, solidify and preserve the ethereal shapes of his imagining, the fleeting visions of his dreams. He could express all the creations of his mind on any scale, in forms concrete and imperishable. He could alter the size of this planet, control its seasons, guide it along any path he might choose through the depths of the Universe. He could cause planets to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms.
    To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the supreme manifestation of the power of Man's mind, his most complete triumph over the physical world, his crowning achievement, which would place him beside his Creator, make him fulfill his Ultimate Destiny.
    Nikola Tesla - Man's Greatest Achievement