MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Jesus!!

Fine fine Nicholas Tesla is an ESFP, Albert Einstein is an ISFJ it is.
    Wow! You gave in easy! This is our quickest argument yet! (P.S. We're not arguing, BTW, I hope you know that. "Bickering" maybe, but not full on arguing).

Also, just because someone types another as an 'N' type it does not mean -

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74
    "...it is evidence that there is a widespread "iNtuitive" superiority complex on this board."
    You took my remark out of context, drastically.
    I wasn't referring to just anyone being typed as "N."

And,

Quote Originally Posted by HALLA74
    I was referring to the apparent predominance of:

"I think it's funny how every time a great inventor/scientist/artist/ or otherwise unique and productive person's MBTI type is contemplated that ENTP / INTP / INTJ /and ENTJ seem to be the only four MBTI types that are thought ot have any capacity to be intelligent, creative, and otherwise talented enough to apply their gifts in a way to make Earth shattering discoveries"
    I'll not allow my words or their intent be skewed.

On the contrary a majority of the most influential, creative, revolutionary, artistic people are typed as NFs than NTs.
    Regarding the colored, bolded, and large font above...

(1) Prove it.

(2) How were they typed?
    (2a) By administration of a valid testing instrument by a licensed professional? OR -
    (2b) By post mortem analysis of the essence of their being, as exists in records of some kind that attest to their works and deeds, in whatever media remains, and that such information exists and can be verified as genuine?

(3) Do you believe it is possible beyond a reasonable doubt to determine a deceased human being's MBTI type w/o them having been administered a valid testing instrument by a licensed professional?
    (3a) Yes OR No?
    (3b) If Yes, WHY?

Revolutionists, religious leaders etc are more influential towards the society than scientists.

(Gandhi, Jesus, Buddha, Mohomad, Che Guera, Lenin etc)
    You just made a subjective value statement.
    Not everyone has the same sentiments as you on that particular topic.
    Some would consider the common man who cares for, supports, and loves his family as more influential to society than religious leaders OR scientists.
    No one's views on a statement such as you wrote above can speak for all mankind.
    Therefore, I consider your statement moot in this discourse.

Ps- it is also funny that some people assume than when a person who is famous (creative, influential etc) is types as an N type, it is assumed that they (the typer) believe only N types are capable of being -

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74
    ...intelligent, creative, and otherwise talented enough to apply their gifts in a way to make Earth shattering discoveries.
    Nice try.
    You wish you could so easily get away with painting me with such insecurities.
    Read my post above iwakar's in this thread to recognize what a foolish remark you made with the statement above.

Carry on

-Riva
    Oh, I have, no worries about that!
    I'm sure you have too, as it should be!

Cheers to you, my argumentative, yet very insightful friend.
    Have a great day!

-Alex

----

Oh wait I left the sensors out again.
    Trust me, no one lost sleep over that oversight of yours.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Anyone on this forum who believes they accurately can type another person is delusional.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

@Halla74: Don't be silly. Everyone knows that any male who gives up women to work on their science projects by themselves is obviously an INTx.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Anyone on this forum who believes they accurately can type another person is delusional.
    Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    @Halla74: Don't be silly. Everyone knows that any male who gives up women to work on their science projects by themselves is obviously an INTx.
    Oh yeah? But what's their Enneagram?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Wow! You gave in easy! This is our quickest argument yet! (P.S. We're not arguing, BTW, I hope you know that. "Bickering" maybe, but not full on arguing).
    All bickering has its underlying arguments.

You took my remark out of context, drastically.
    I wasn't referring to just anyone being typed as "N."
    Yes you did. Knowing it or not you managed to do just that.

I'll not allow my words or their intent be skewed.
    I didn't skew anything. I was just highlighting what you said. Lolz...
    Just highlighting what you said.

Regarding the colored, bolded, and large font above...
    1) Prove it.
    I was making a comparison between NTs and NFs. When it comes to the categories I mentioned a majority of people of those categories are typed as NFs and not NTs. This is by simply going through how they are typed by a majority of people. People being people who are experts in these subjects, enthusiasts etc.

(2) How were they typed?
    (2a) By administration of a valid testing instrument by a licensed professional? OR -
    (2b) By post mortem analysis of the essence of their being, as exists in records of some kind that attest to their works and deeds, in whatever media remains, and that such information exists and can be verified as genuine?
    A collection of these mostly. Authenticity of their work is sometimes an issue especially if they lived eons ago. (Not being literal here when I say eons.)

(3) Do you believe it is possible beyond a reasonable doubt to determine a deceased human being's MBTI type w/o them having been administered a valid testing instrument by a licensed professional?
    (3a) Yes OR No?
    (3b) If Yes, WHY?
    There is never a 'beyond reasonable doubt' is there? As long as humans are involved everything is within reasonable doubt. But sometimes facts (the facts known) point to a believable truth. And we have to believe it true or not. (Like a jury.)

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
    You just made a subjective value statement.
    Not everyone has the same sentiments as you on that particular topic.
    Some would consider the common man who cares for, supports, and loves his family as more influential to society than religious leaders OR scientists.
    No one's views on a statement such as you wrote above can speak for all mankind.
    Therefore, I consider your statement moot in this discourse.
    I said revolutionists and religious leaders are more have been more influential towards society than scientists. I didn't say that any of them are more influential towards society than 'common man who cares and supports his family etc'.

Nice try.
    You wish you could so easily get away with painting me with such insecurities.
    Read my post above iwakar's in this thread to recognize what a foolish remark you made with the statement above.
    I was just quoting what was said by you and what they imply and suggest. I didn't add or remove a thing. Others could see it too. But why can't you?

Just quoting you big guy!

Cheers to you, my argumentative, yet very insightful friend.
    Have a great day!
    I thought I was being foolish?

Lolz..

Ginkgo

Well if person x is of an MBTI type, then guessing at their type holds a 1/16 chance of success. So, it is possible. The key phrase is beyond a doubt, and in chance there is always doubt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Well if person x is of an MBTI type, then guessing at their type holds a 1/16 chance of success. So, it is possible. The key phrase is beyond a doubt, and in chance there is always doubt.
    Good luck with that. Maybe you should change your signature to "I'm right 6.25% of the time, but I have no idea when I'm actually right because none of my predictions can be verified. So what good are my predictions, anyway?"
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Ginkgo

Good luck with that. Maybe you should change your signature to "I'm right 6.25% of the time, but I have no idea when I'm actually right because none of my predictions can be verified. So what good are my predictions, anyway?"
    Just because a thing can't be verified doesn't mean there's no good in it. If someone is right, despite their claim being unverified, then they are not delusional.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Just because a thing can't be verified doesn't mean there's no good in it.
    If the "good" depends on whether or not the claim is correct, then verification is essential.

If someone is right, despite their claim being unverified, then they are not delusional.
    So you are saying the predictions of delusional people are never correct. I don't agree with that. Delusional people make guesses that turn out to be correct all the time. It feeds their delusion. They just ignore all the times they're wrong. And the predictions that can't be verified, well, they just assume all of those are correct.

MBTI
    INTP

He holds the rare title "super genius"

Very few mortals will ever have this distinction