User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Nikola Tesla

Banned

I'm good at phototyping. Tesla looked like an INTJ. Maaaaybe INFJ. Look at the way he communicated. INTJ, probably.

Edison, given how much of a slimey competitive shit he was, is probably ENTP, after all.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by noopept View Post
    I'm good at phototyping. Tesla looked like an INTJ. Maaaaybe INFJ. Look at the way he communicated. INTJ, probably.

Edison, given how much of a slimey competitive shit he was, is probably ENTP, after all.
    Hey!!!

You are offending the S types (atleast some of them). I command you to type Tesla and Edison both as S types. This is for your own well-being. Lest you'll be called 'funny' or someone who has a 'superiority complex'.

Ps - Edison sounds like an ass hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    This comment isn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread.

I think it's funny how every time a great inventor/scientist/artist/ or otherwise unique and productive person's MBTI type is contemplated that ENTP / INTP / INTJ /and ENTJ seem to be the only four MBTI types that are thought ot have any capacity to be intelligent, creative, and otherwise talented enough to apply their gifts in a way to make Earth shattering discoveries.

Contemplation of the MBTI type of the deceased is a guessing game fueled by nothing more than observations of the individuals in question traits from recorded literature, or in some rare cases interviews with those who knew thme personally, or maybe even film footage.

Regardless, these are ALL insufficient data to accutrately determine someone's MBTI type post-mortem; and furthermore is oner more example how many members of this board think that "iNtuitive Thinkers" are the only members of society who have contributed to it in any meaningful way.

Well, last time I checked, Sensors out number iNtuitives roughly 3 to 1 in the world's population in aggregate, so I'm afraid many of the guesses I'm making note of above are dead wrong.

I'd laugh my as off if somehow, without any doubt whatsoever Albert Einstein were confirmed to be an ISFJ, Nikola Tesla an ESFP, and Salvador Dali and INFJ.

Sure, such conversations can be fun, but if you read between the lines it is evidence that there is a widespread "iNtuitive" superiority complex on this board.

Not that I don't love you all to bits and pieces, but the fact of the matter is y'all aren't the only ones who've ever contributed meaningfully to the human experience via advancing science, technology, art, or other forms of higher thinking.

Carry on.

-Alex
    While I don't entirely disagree with you, I think you're failing to take a few critical things into account and as a result, are being unfair to your fellow NT members.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    While I don't entirely disagree with you, I think you're failing to take a few critical things into account...
    Glad you're seeing the positive intent of my post above.
    Wondering what critical things you think I'm failing to take into account.
    Care to mention them explicitly?
    I'd love to hear what they are, and converse in a civil dialogue with you about it if you desire.
    And if you don't, that's fine too, I appreciate you sharing your viewpoint.

...and as a result, are being unfair to your fellow NT members.
    How am I being unfair to my fellow NT members?
    I have many, many NT friends on this site and IRL, and I appreciate them as they are, regardless of their MBTI type.
    I am not the first person to voice sentiments about there being biases held by the membership of this forum in aggregate.
    There are those with an "NT" superiority complex.
    There are "Fi" haters.
    There are "Fe" haters.
    The list goes on and on.
    Haters are gonna' hate.

And, anyone who knows me in the least, knows I am a person who despises stereotypes, because as a child in a military family that moved from region to region frequently during my childhood, I have been affected by stereotypes many, many times.

I've voiced my opinions as such countless times on this board, whether related to "MBTI stereotypes" or those of a different nature.
    We all bleed the same color, as human beings we have far more in common with each other than differences.

Perhaps you've read into read more into my post above than I intended to communicate?
    Or, perhaps you are not aware of some of the long standing biases that exist here?

My wife is an INFJ (tested and confirmed).
    My brother is an INTJ (tested and confirmed).
    My best friend is an ENTP (tested and confirmed).
    One of oldest childhood friends is an INTP (tested and confirmed).
    My friend and mentor at my job is an ENTJ (tested and confirmed).
    My dearest female friends are ENFJ and ENFP (tested and confirmed).
    My niece is an INFP (tested and confirmed).
    My Father is an ESTJ (tested and confirmed).
    My Mother is an INFJ (tested and confirmed).
    I have two dear ISFJ friends (tested and confirmed).
    And, believe it or not, I have more ISFP, ISTP and ESFP friends than I can count. (big surprise!)

So, it's going to be hard for you to sell me on any theory that I have MBTI biases, stereotypes, or superiority/inferiority complexes of any kind.

Just because I'm able to state that a problem exists, doesn't mean I'm part of the problem.

Hopefully the above information is useful to you in understanding my personal beliefs that the humanity that binds us all is far greater than ANY systematic or theoretical classification system that attempts to define us, while accidentally causing some to believe more in division among people more than unity.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Ginkgo

While I don't entirely disagree with you, I think you're failing to take a few critical things into account and as a result, are being unfair to your fellow NT members.
    I don't think he's being unfair to his fellow members. I think he's being extraordinarily fair to everyone. Hah.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I read a biography on Tesla when I was young. He's been a bit of a hero ever since. There is a lot of myth and legend attached to his life, but even his substantiated contributions to electricity are pretty amazing.

...Care to mention them explicitly?...
    ...How am I being unfair to my fellow NT members?...

-Alex
    I don't believe I am without bias despite dealing with just as much variety as you (if not more) in my day to day. I believe every person on the planet has type bias, whether they realize it or not. No doubt the opinion sampling here is just as skewed as interviewing the members of an online anarchist's community or a southern cooking club. Slant is inevitable; it deserves pointing out. It also does not mean its focus indicates that its members are pompous ignorami with no appreciation for interests and perspectives apart from their own --it doesn't preclude it of course, but it does not necessitate it.

My grandmother's after-church group loves talking about Paula Deen's cooking genius. She's also unlikely an intuitive. Okay fine. And I have no doubt that intuitives are vastly underrepresented in other skilled endeavors like extreme sports or high-risk construction work. It's natural to have a fascination with or admiration for figures that we can relate to, or those who excel at things that interest us personally, and little wonder if behavioral predispositions turn out to be shared. I don't take issue with wanting to inform this prejudice in order to circumvent it, and lend perspective etc., but it is not fair to assume someone has a superiority complex because of this.

We probably agree that prejudice can be mitigated and interests broadened with life experience. You have that life experience advantage. (And even those that have it, may fail to make the most of it if they fail to introspect and grow.) At 30, I'm middle of the road here. Many of the active posters on this forum appear to be in a younger demographic; teens to early-twenties. Lending them your perspective would be a benefit if you could do it without assuming you know theirs. Credibility factor, etc.

Also this is a thread on Tesla, in the Science channel, and the OP didn't make any mention of type. A single post before yours did and it seemed more suggestive than conclusive. So if your post wasn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread as you stated, and you feel this strongly about NT or Nx bias at TypC, and you don't have any opinions to share on Tesla, your thoughts probably merit their own thread discussion. You'll have a broader audience, more pointed feedback, and livelier discussion. And noopept can have his thread rerailed.

...Perhaps you've read into read more into my post above than I intended to communicate?
    Perhaps your post communicated more than you intended. Your form usually joins a discussion before your function does.

Or, perhaps you are not aware of some of the long standing biases that exist here?...
    I've been here since 2007 and I flatter myself as observant. To be summarily clear, I don't take issue with your claim that there is bias here. I take issue with what you assume is the main reason for it. Also, your time 'n' place selection.

I would also argue, that over the past 5 years, I've noticed an increased inclusion, participation, discussion, and consideration of Sensing types. I suspect that will continue to grow in tandem with the population growth (and the ensuing perspective diversification) and community knowledge of typology.

I'm going to exit the thread now as a courtesy to those here wanting to talk about Tesla, but I'm fine with continuing the discussion elsewhere if you'd like more input.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ

This comment isn't directed at anyone in particular in this thread.

I think it's funny how every time a great inventor/scientist/artist/ or otherwise unique and productive person's MBTI type is contemplated that ENTP / INTP / INTJ /and ENTJ seem to be the only four MBTI types that are thought ot have any capacity to be intelligent, creative, and otherwise talented enough to apply their gifts in a way to make Earth shattering discoveries.

Contemplation of the MBTI type of the deceased is a guessing game fueled by nothing more than observations of the individuals in question traits from recorded literature, or in some rare cases interviews with those who knew thme personally, or maybe even film footage.

Regardless, these are ALL insufficient data to accutrately determine someone's MBTI type post-mortem; and furthermore is oner more example how many members of this board think that "iNtuitive Thinkers" are the only members of society who have contributed to it in any meaningful way.

Well, last time I checked, Sensors out number iNtuitives roughly 3 to 1 in the world's population in aggregate, so I'm afraid many of the guesses I'm making note of above are dead wrong.

I'd laugh my as off if somehow, without any doubt whatsoever Albert Einstein were confirmed to be an ISFJ, Nikola Tesla an ESFP, and Salvador Dali and INFJ.

Sure, such conversations can be fun, but if you read between the lines it is evidence that there is a widespread "iNtuitive" superiority complex on this board.

Not that I don't love you all to bits and pieces, but the fact of the matter is y'all aren't the only ones who've ever contributed meaningfully to the human experience via advancing science, technology, art, or other forms of higher thinking.

Carry on.

-Alex
    Between the lines? Its blatantly obvious in everyones face on every MBTI forum LMAO!
    Ground control to Major Tom

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    He was truly an under appreciated genius.

I always wanted to read his autobiography to learn how his mind works but I'm so busy posting about how I always wanted to read his autobiography to learn how his mind works on niche forums.
    awesome
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    awesome
    Damn my procrastination.... Actually, I will damn my procrastination tomorrow.