User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Bypassing work internet firewalls?

I know you can run portable apps from flash-drives for things like browsers and anonymizers, but is there a combination of apps you could put on a flash-drive which would enable you to plug into a work computer and untraceably access the internet regardless of firewalls, without having to install anything on the hard-drive?

Obviously I'm no computer-programmer, and it's likely that what I'm asking is ridiculous on any number of fronts. But if you don't ask you'll never know. Any hackers out there who can help an INFP out?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

*puts on hypocritical cap*

Tsk tsk, as a manager/boss I feel inclined to tap you on your fingers for browsing during your work hours...

>.>

<.<

*closes office door*

On a more serious note, I never really looked for such means myself so can't help you off the top of my head.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's tough; we use webwasher at work and it blocks files larger than 20 mb already. And sometimes we receive blueprints from customers, which are far past the 20 mb limit in size.

I havent found a way so far to bypass it myself. *exe files you can exchange by renaming them to *zip; but thats all i got.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Befriend the network admin.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Befriend the network admin.
    I prefer the idea of having a flash-drive skeleton key with everything I need for a ninja browsing session. But that might be as likely as obtaining an actual skeleton key. I just don't know. Which is why I ask.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was just talking about this with Synarch over a few drinks on Saturday. Ghostzilla is an app that can do that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Wyst: That would only hide you from a casual visual inspection of your monitor. Not from something that monitors activity on the network.

One good way I can think of would be booting the computer from a Linux USB stick (to avoid any monitoring/logging on the computer itself) that was configured to connect to the network via protocol encapsulation and encryption. In other words, it would establish one connection that looked legitimate no matter what (perhaps by recording a normal session), and then send the real data to a known computer outside the network over that connection (which would somehow always look like a legitimate website), monitoring the connection as if it were a code, connected to the unfiltered internet. This would involve some advanced DNS and/or IP spoofing techniques, Linux configuration skill, and knowledge of the specific protocols and weaknesses of your companies intranet security software.

So it's probably not for you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

you could change the proxy address.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Actually, that could work, too. It really depends on how "smart" the firewall software is, and what other monitoring techniques are being used.

Some are so dumb you just have to change a few variable to get through. The majority of the time, "smart" hacking isn't needed. It's just important to know your enemy (the security procedures) before trying anything.

Bypassing a firewall is not unreasonable, it's just unethical and potentially complicated.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    @Wyst: That would only hide you from a casual visual inspection of your monitor. Not from something that monitors activity on the network.

One good way I can think of would be booting the computer from a Linux USB stick (to avoid any monitoring/logging on the computer itself) that was configured to connect to the network via protocol encapsulation and encryption. In other words, it would establish one connection that looked legitimate no matter what (perhaps by recording a normal session), and then send the real data to a known computer outside the network over that connection (which would somehow always look like a legitimate website), monitoring the connection as if it were a code, connected to the unfiltered internet. This would involve some advanced DNS and/or IP spoofing techniques, Linux configuration skill, and knowledge of the specific protocols and weaknesses of your companies intranet security software.

So it's probably not for you.
    This sounds more like what I had in mind. It also sounds considerably outside my abilities. I'm a bit surprised nobody has come up with a preconfigured portable software suite which can do this, especially given how much storage capacity flashdrives have these days. Or maybe they have, but they don't want it known lest security software close the loops which could allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Use something like TOR, you mean?