User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: win7

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default win7

I has it . Best thing is that Vista used 2 GB of my memory, while 7 uses around 800 MB, without applications running. A lot bettah:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

What else can you tell us about it? How does it handle the multicore 64-bit processors?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

works basically like vista so far, with the exception that the IE got more troubles in showing content sometime. I had to install flashplayer for like 15 times now and somehow it works now, tho it never said the installation suceeded. In the 64-bit IE things like the flashplayer installation doesnt work at all yet. (if I use it with avant browser tho, instead of IE everything is fine)

I finally can again use my programming tools. Installed Visual Studio and win7 actually finds the path to the compiler. Vista had its problems, cause it used daemon paths to generate more security which but only lead to my programming language not able to find the machine code compiler.

Furthermore the GUI is fun. It uses different shiny colours for your open tabs in the taskbar and if you hover over the IE symbol you can directly open your favourites, which is great.

Works with all my games so far, got zero issues with 64-bit problems, its all downgradeable to lower compability standards. Even Soccer Manager my old game from 1998 runs perfectly.

Driver support is marvellous, installed every part of my hardware on first startup. I nevertheless installed the ASUS driver, cause they got some tools like fan controls and heat measurement. That caused some problems, cause the installation ende saying "the drivers aint for this operating system". Installed in Vista compability mode then and it worked flawlessly.

Automatization and recognisation of your hardware by the OP has gained a new level, windows totally configured my graphic settings the right way on its own and even calibrated my old 19" monitor, I use as second monitor and which has been broken for years but now has the image perfectly fit into the edges.

The only thing so far, win7 needs about 5 seconds more to load than Vista. But I only got the Release Candidate, could be due to the fact its still a beta version (or because I installed a new virus scanner).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm upgrading. I'd rather spend fifty bucks now than later paying a hundred and some change.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Wait, it's only 50 to get right now?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

the release candidate is for free till june 2010 I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Wait, it's only 50 to get right now?
    It's fifty bucks to get the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade now. Soon it will go back to it's normal pricing of more than one-hundred.

Go to Amazon, BestBuy, Fry's Electronics, Newegg, etc online and buy the upgrade and you'll get a DVD in the mail on October 22 -- when the first notebook with Windows 7 on it ships.

NOTE: It costs more if you have a higher version than Home Premium that you're updating.
    Last edited by Lethal Sage; 07-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Damn it I want an update option like that too. In this country they say, if you buy vista now you get a free copy of 7 afterwards. Good I bought vista 6 months ago then

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Everyone get's the option to upgrade. Even those with Windows XP can get an upgrade disk for $50 if they get it before July 11th I believe or when they run out of disks.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I love it too. Haven't had it crash on me either which is superb. Maybe IE bites it once in a blue moon but the OS never locks up or misses a beat. I'm upgrading now too, and I will say that it does seem to boot/shutdown a LOT quicker than Vista did.

Only issues I'm having right now is with Homegroup networking but I think that's more to do with how my local network is set up than anything else, gotta play around with the DD-WRT one to see if that's messing anything up.